All reviews tocumen airport typical courtyard near airport gold member hotel is located short stay breakfast buffet rooms are clean the staff was friendly and helpful an early flight bottled water location is excellent nice pool taxi panama genesis driver
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This Courtyard is a cut above the usual Courtyard - it is modern, sparkling clean, well decorated, has a nice pool, has well-equipped and nice rooms and friendly and well-trained staff. It is also close to Tocumen airport, which makes it convenient for the return flight home, but it is quite far from "downtown" Panama city. However, my wife and I had dinner at the in-house restaurant (both had the "daily catch" of fish and steamed vegetables). Panama is noteworthy for its wonderful and fresh fish, obtainable nearly anywhere in the country. The fish we were served here was nearly inedible and the vegetables were almost tasteless and cold. My rating would be one step higher were it not for this inexcusable meal.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NgBBoiseID
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear NgBBoiseID

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoy your stay and our friendly staff. my apologies for the inconvenient in your experience with your meal, your comments are very important and helpful for us, we have take actions and work with our weakness to turned into a fortress.-
If you come back to Panama, please don’t hesitate to contact me
Kind regards
Lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This hotel is modern,clean and in good condition. Overall, the staff is friendly and efficient. The hotel room is new and the thermostat maintains the comfortable temperature. As a Platinum member, they were friendly and upgraded the room. The condition of the hotel is very good and it appeared that the restaurant served food late until the evening. The most convenient part about the hotel was that it was close to the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WKM1914

Dear WKM1914

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoy your stay and our friendly staff. Our restaurant schedule is from 6:00 am true 10:00 pm, hope you can enjoy our food and all our gadgets of out hotel. If you come down to Panama, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you
Best regards
lucia.hildebrand@courtyard.com

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Adorable staff, specially at the front desk, and great service from all of them!

Room Tip: Any room should be fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vkelowna
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard Metromall for two days before a week long cruise and a one day after the cruise ended. Overall, it was a lovely hotel. Its brand new, I believe 6 -9 months old and it looks to be a place where a lot of business, conferences and events take place. In the first 2 days, the Courtyard had a number of adolescent sports teams that were playing at some regional event, what looked a communion celebration, a family reunion and a lot of business men mulling about.

The hotel is across the street from Metromall, a new mall with hundreds of stores and eateries. On the other side of the street is an older mall which may not look all that great but has the best deals.

The rooms were nice, dark wood and nice splotches of color. The bathroom was large which was very nice. I had all the room I needed to shave and wash my hair. There was plenty of space for storage and a safe and coffee maker as well.

I didn’t take pictures of the gym but there were at least 3 treadmills, an elliptical and some weights. Though the equipment looked a teeny bit dated, the room has 3 flat screen TVs to watch while you’re working out. The room also had a water cooler and towels to dry off.

The lobby/lounge area is a good size but ended up being a little small for the capacity that the hotel holds. The peak times are 5-8pm so everyone is downstairs, eating, drinking, over at the pods watching TV and on the computers. It’s a very ‘happening’ place but can be too much if you just want to relax. There are 3 computers that are free use for guests so I didn’t have much use for the in room WI-FI. The hotel has a big touch screen in front with travel info, weather stats and world news. I really liked that part.

The hotel has a tourist police officer 24 hrs a day/7 days a week though I never felt unsafe. The staff is very nice and accommodating and do speak English ( but Spanish is preferred!). The restaurant is very cheap compared to the other Marriott establishments so I ate room service to my heart’s content.

The only downside would be the walls. Room 326 ( I think) had very thin walls. While trying to sleep I could hear, cough, wrestling of plastic bags and even my neighbor going to the bathroom. It didn’t bother me much but I thought it was only fair to let everyone else know. However, when I stayed there on the way back I couldn’t hear a thing, so it might have just been that particular room.

Side note for those traveling to Panama City for the first time. Taxi for two people should not cost more than 15 US one way. I heard of a guest who paid 40 bucks and I thought it was ridiculous. If they offer you anything higher than 20, keep looking. The airport is filled with taxi drivers that will work with you.

Also feel that I need to point out that the mall is really the only thing close to the hotel. The airport is a 20 min ride or so and any tourist attractions about 45 min.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Travelbuglove83
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at this Courtyard in January. We were booked there with the Caravan Tour of Panama. We found it comfortable. We did not notice the bad smells some people complained of. People at reception were pleasant and helpful. We liked the location by the mall, as it gave us places to eat and shop. We really liked the big supermarket in the mall. We had the buffet breakfast and a couple of meals there and found the food satisfactory. Meal where we ordered from the menu was better than the buffet of course.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelsafarohio
Lucia H, Sales & Marketing Director at Courtyard by Marriott Panama at Metromall Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear Travelsafarohio

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoy your tour with Caravan, our location, and the big supermarket inside the mall.- We have a new chef, and he is improving all our buffet meals, hope we can have you in the near future at our hotel, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I will be glad to assist you.-

Best Regards,