“Good Food, Excellent casual Atmosphere”
Review of Super Gourmet

Super Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 1,174 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The first thing that struck me about this pleasant eatery was the large chalk board with all the items listed in English!...High ceilings with a nice smattering of locals and tourists, makes for a very nice casual dining experience. We had lunch, and it was very good, and very reasonable. I think it may be the owner Blayne was extremely efficient, and runs a tip top ship. If you are looking for a great place for lunch, close to a wonderful plaza, look no further. Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We have breakky there this morning and it was AMAZING! The bacon and egg muffins, the eggs Benedict with their own special sauce and the freshly squeezed juices were delicious. The staff were beautiful, everyone was super nice! You HAVE to eat here!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great breakfasts and sandwiches, also check out the lunch time specials. Friendly owner and staff. Really all the food is good. We go here every time we are in Casco.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Super Gourmet was the perfect destination stop for lunch. It was in a part of Casco Viejo that I didn't expect to find it. I had that day's lunch special which was Arroz con Pollo for $6 and it was delicious not to mention a hearty portion. I couldn't help the fact that two trays of freshly baked empanadas came out of the over while I was there. The pineapple empanada was incredible and warm, I'm still thinking about it. Despite carrying a lot of items you couldn't find elsewhere it can get pricey, which may be my only reason from withholding 5 stars

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have now stayed for some time in Casco Viejo, Panama, and most of my breakfasts I have eaten at Super Gourmet. That is, if I couldn’t go there for breakfast for some reason, I went there for lunch. Their juices are lovely, my favorite is the passion fruit, which goes well along with my favorite sandwich, the salmon, which comes with lettuce, red onion and tomato. I have had other dishes as well, and they all taste very good.

But most important are the relaxing and laidback atmosphere the jazz music gives to the place, and the wonderful owners, Jasmina and Blayne who always have a kind word for you, and try as best as they can to help you out, if there is anything you would wonder about, either about Casco or Panama, in general.

I have also bought the body oils, balms and soaps that they sell, and they are lovely. My latest buy was the eye oil for removing make up. It is mild and perfect for my sensitive eyes, and better than any expensive cosmetic brand.

I will certainly go to Super Gourmet tomorrow. I will eat good, do some people watching, write some mails or surf on the net, and leave happily a couple of hours later, knowing that it was worth both the money and the time.

1  Thank Mari M