“Go to Super G!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have now stayed for some time in Casco Viejo, Panama, and most of my breakfasts I have eaten at Super Gourmet. That is, if I couldn’t go there for breakfast for some reason, I went there for lunch. Their juices are lovely, my favorite is the passion fruit, which goes well along with my favorite sandwich, the salmon, which comes with lettuce, red onion and tomato. I have had other dishes as well, and they all taste very good.

But most important are the relaxing and laidback atmosphere the jazz music gives to the place, and the wonderful owners, Jasmina and Blayne who always have a kind word for you, and try as best as they can to help you out, if there is anything you would wonder about, either about Casco or Panama, in general.

I have also bought the body oils, balms and soaps that they sell, and they are lovely. My latest buy was the eye oil for removing make up. It is mild and perfect for my sensitive eyes, and better than any expensive cosmetic brand.

I will certainly go to Super Gourmet tomorrow. I will eat good, do some people watching, write some mails or surf on the net, and leave happily a couple of hours later, knowing that it was worth both the money and the time.

1  Thank Mari M
There are newer reviews for Super Gourmet

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Really good banana bread and great coffee. nice spot to stop in and cool off. It reminds me of cafes in California, the menu has everything from english muffin sandwitches to greek salads.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Most restaurants in Panama try to go fancy, and completely miss. Super Gourmet, is exactly what you need, when you need it. Simple menu that just hits every time. I highly recommend you stop in and say hi to Blayne, grab a cold drink and some food, so you're energized while getting lost among the small streets and beautiful architecture of Casco Viejo. Bonus, try their homemade organic chocolate bars!!!!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

And surprising to see an American owner. we were starving and the taxi dropped us off in front. just like a deli at home and the food was delicious.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Super Gourmet is a great breakfast and lunch option in Casco Viejo. It's particularly popular with expats and tourists; so it has a nice cosmopolitan atmosphere to it. It is a great spot to read, watch the world go by and to relax a little bit while enjoying good food. The service is quick and friendly and everything is prepared on the spot with fresh ingredients. That's why it might be a bit more pricy than the average sandwich that you eat in Panama, but it is also more delicious and healthy. The soups are great- my favourite is the tomato soup, it's so fresh and packed with flavours. Also, there is a daily lunch special for those that prefer a warm meal for lunch.