Mediterranean Dreams
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Central Park Hotel(Panama City)
Very Good 4/5
Novotel Panama City(Panama City)
Good 3.5/5
The Saba Hotel(Panama City)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel el Parador(Panama City)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Toscana Inn Hotel(Panama City)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsel doradodouble bedtea and coffeehot waterrooms are cleanaccommodationdrivertaxibnbmallairportpanamahostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff were great, the rooms not so much. I don't mind basic but the room was a bit grungy and needed some maintenance. The location is good and the air conditioning is great. A good deep cleaning and a few repairs could make a big difference in the ambiance. VERY helpful people though

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NW106
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Jesús, the manager/owner (with his wife Maria) offered to arrange a taxi driver to collect me from the airport (about 30 mins drive). I took this option and it was helpful since i was arriving late in the evening and it was my first visit to Panama. Upon arriving at Mediterranean Dreams i was warmly welcomed by the friendly and relaxed Jesús who speaks English well (my Spanish is basic) and who kindly upgraded me to a room with a private bathroom (and a/c, as well as tv etc). I was exhausted after lots of travelling and it was wonderful to have a good night's sleep there. It was quiet all throughout the night, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice with good hot water pressure. Jesús helped me alot next morning, letting me use one of their phones to make contact with a friend of a friend who happened to be going the same way i was going and had a spare seat in his car.

Very comfortable, relaxed and friendly stay. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The location of this hotel could be better and the rooms are basic but clean and nicely presented. However, it is made an excellent place to stay by the owners and staff who will help you get the very best out of your stay in Panama City. The hotel is right on regular bus and taxi routes to all the places you'll want to visit. Take advantage of the new metro bus system by buying a rechargeable ticket. The buses are super cheap and super regular and stop right by the hotel. Walking anywhere in Panama City is a hassle anyway!

Room Tip: Some rooms have wifi and some don't... Just contact the hotel and they will sort out whatever suits you best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I and my daughter stayed in MD for 7 days and 6 nights (Apr 29 to May 5). We had a good time there. We feel like stay at home. The new owners really work hard to keep up the reputation. We booked the driver to pick us up from the airport thru MD and the Panama City security check took us 1.5 hours to get through. When we exit the Custom door, Mauro and the driver are waiting for us. They were waiting there at least 2 hours. I did not expect Mauro also in the airport but he did. Mauro is the young fellow works in the MD. On the way to MD, he gave us some background of Panama City and tell us where to see, where to shop and where to eat. You don't have to do any research before you go to Panama City. You just ask Mauro, he will arrange for you. He really works extra miles for his job. He is 24/7 in MD. He arranged a boat tour to monkey island for us and cheaper than we book through online. I emailed Mauro and ask him all the tourist attractions before I arrive PC. He is a trip planner and arrange for us. The MD is a very nice set up with air conditioner (a must) every room in PC. It has a nice back yard where you have breakfast there. Breakfast is included in the price and you can ask how you like your egg done. We enjoy our breakfast every morning. The room (CoCo)is clean and big compare to North American hotel room. We have en suite 5 pieces bathroom. It has hot water heater on the shower head. In fact you don't need hot water for shower. Mauro even lend his metro-bus card for us to ride on bus. PC bus driver does not take cash fare. You need to use prepaid metro-bus card. The bus fare is very cheap, only $0.25 per ride and can be returned within 2 hours. The owner couple are very nice, they always offer some treats to us when we back from the day trip. The location is very good. It is less than 5 minutes walk to a huge shopping mall, it has super markets, casino, restaurants, fast food and a lot of Chinese stores. It closes to bus stop (5 minutes walk) but you don't hear the noise. However, the local bus does not go into airport. If you want me to write bad thing about this hotel, may be no hair dryer which I don't need. No face towel which I don't use. I believe they do have if you ask for it. All in all, it is a nice place to stay and we have a good time in PC. Without Mnauro, Jesus and Maria, our vacation did not turn out so good. Thanks MD and staffs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dominic C
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have stayed at the MD for 8 nights in April. I booked the B&B through expedia, based on good reviews. We ordered a cab through MD and the owner, Jesus, came to pick us up with his SUV. Before we arrived at MD, he actually drove us to a site which we had a really good view of Panama City. It was a good bonus for us.

Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed with the size of the room (grape). I always had the impression that 4-5 stars reviews mean a 4-5 star hotel. I have to admit that the room and cleanliness are less than my expectation (sorry, I am used to N. American hotels). Very soon, I overlooked these issues as Jesus and Mauro were very helpful in many aspects.

They serve breakfast from 8 to 10am. Nothing fancy: egg, toast, fruit, coffee & juice. The food sure fills you up before you start the day. If it was not overtly busy, Jesus would chat with us during breakfast time and try to help us find the bus that we should take to places (Casco Viejo, Multicentro, Albrook Mall, Miroflores Lock etc). He also warned us that certain places might not be tourist friendly and we always took his advice.

MD is close to a bus stop where buses take you to Albrook Mall & bus terminal. From there you can tak bus to most places you wanted to visit.

There are many restaurants, a mall and 2 supermarkets close to MD (about 5 min walk). Hint: when you walk from MD to the Sak Mall or go to the bus stop, you can go through the parkade right next to Don Lee as a short-cut. It will save you 3-4 min of walking.
Overall I like the friendly service provided by Jesus and Mauro.

Room Tip: The grape room has 2 big windows.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple