We stayed a full week at Mediterranean Dreams and based it on the previous reviews. We were not disappointed. The one downside of Panama City is price gouging by taxi drivers...you can save a lot with Alejandro's help. He even sent a cab to "rescue" us when we ended up far from town (take his phone number with you when you travel). We easily would have paid double the fare if anyone else had taken us back. This is a perfect place for travelers who want to get out and do things. You will get up to a hot breakfast, coffee and juice and get some tips for your excursion out.
While nothing is for sale within the hotel, it is a very short walk to a nice modern supermarket where you can get anything you need, from snacks to liquor. The nice thing being a street back from the main thoroughfare is you will not hear traffic or noise at all. The only thing you hear in the morning during breakfast are birds chirping.
Restaurants are everywhere (but shame on any American going to McDonald's or Taco Bell). ATM's, casinos and anything else you may need are very close, less than a three minute walk. The neighborhood is safe. When traveling back, jot down the location...the street and address itself may not be known to cab drivers. The area, El Dorado, and the nearest restaurant, Don Lee were enough to tell them how to get us there. Three of us travelled, and we enjoyed it immensly.
American travelers: if you haven't seen "Karate Kid" where the mother thinks there is no hot water in her apartment, you may have the same problem. The hot water control is on the shower head, not the knob.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Dreams is a Bed and Breakfast located in the center of Panama, have seven bedrooms, two with shared facilities and five suites with private bathroom each one is a fruit. Breakfast is included in the price and have dinner an additional service based on Mediterranean diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mediterranean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Dreams Hotel Panama City
- Mediterranean Dreams Panama/Panama City