We had a long stopover in Panama before flying back to Europe and found this hotel via TripAdvisor. I actually wanted to give it a rating between 'Average' and 'Very Good' - which would be just 'Good'.
It's in a residential area and they are now putting up a bigger sign, which explains the paranoia of one of this hotel's reviewers who decided that 'it doesn't even exist'. (Our taxi driver got lost too, but we put him on the phone with the B&B receptionist who was very helpful .)
This is more like a Bed& Breakfast, but it's a lovely colorful, and cosy one. Mind you, we just needed it to have a place to nap and shower after traipsing around Panama City, but the time we spent there was pleasant, and we'll go back.
The best thing that the owner did for us was to find a taxi/guide who we were able to hire as by the hour for a great price. He was a wonderful person, very knowledgable about the city and very patient with our wanting to stop and photograph everything. We now call him, Luis, our 'new best friend'. Loved him!
If the problem, for future guests, is in finding the hotel, I suggest that the hotel gives some sort of landmark or main street that is nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Dreams is a Bed and Breakfast located in the center of Panama, have seven bedrooms, two with shared facilities and five suites with private bathroom each one is a fruit. Breakfast is included in the price and have dinner an additional service based on Mediterranean diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mediterranean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Dreams Hotel Panama City
- Mediterranean Dreams Panama/Panama City