“Nicest place on our Central America Trip”
Review of The Beach House

The Beach House
Ranked #33 of 79 Panama City B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Nicest place on our Central America Trip”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Can you say Duvets?
I was very surprised that there is such poor and over priced accomidations. Service in Panama is totally Non Existent.
First, by far the most comfortable beds of our central america trip bar NONE. In fact every other hotel we agreed noting came close. At 120 a night not the cheapest but by far the best value.
VERY Quiet, right between 3 marinas. Lots of close by restaurants and lots of activity on the main street from tourists and locals alike. Good TV Good Internet, extremely clean and modern.

Room Tip: We got a room off the main drive way to the marina, very peaceful and safe.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lexzander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed October 15, 2012

That's the best advice I could give, I stayed here some 4 nights as part of a very big business group ( we had half the hotel )

1) the require a credit card on deposit but hey they don't take corporate Amex ...

2) 'a towel on the floor means you would like a new one' - no it doesn't it means they will pick it up and put it back on the rack ....

3) do you like salsa music - you better if you stay on a Saturday - it starts at midnight and ends at sunrise ( as does the traffic )

4) Nowhere within a mile does breakfast !

5) can we have a late checkout ? ( now remember we're part of a big group ) 'sure $70 for two hours ......'

6) the term 'Beach' and 'hotel' are slightly misleading - the beach is actually the back corner do a tidal marina and the hotel as no facilities .......

7) As other reviews have said the staff seem totally bemused with facial expressions that border on the rabbit in the headlights ...... NO is the default answer

Room Tip: Walk on there's nothing to see here ....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank G F

Travelers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Panama
Reviewed July 31, 2012

On July 28th, because of an event I needed to attend I went to sign up at The Beach Hotel for 1 one night. I was surprised when I took my cash to pay, because the lady on duty (7;30pm) told me that even that I was paying in cash, she still needed me to give her a credit card number to garantee anything that could lost during my stay. I explain her that personally I dont handle credit cards that if I could pay at least a specific amount of money just in case anything lost, and when I check out whoever is on duty could return the money back, she stated that she dont have on her system a way to register cash money, ONLY credit cards, never heard about that before, obviously she lies shamelessly. If someone knows, please inform.

I dont think I could ever recommend this Hotel to anyone even if they have Credit card available.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jan B
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to Contadora Island and while our room was picturesque and comfortable, the staff seemed confused as to simple questions such as "Where does the ferry depart from" or things a tourist might ask. Checking in and out took way too long and the front desk person seemed perplexed by the credit card system. The views of Panama City and the bay are beautiful and the rooms are clean and spacious. Just don't be in a hurry to check in or check out as you will be extremely frustrated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ugaworldtraveler
Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Beach House has many things going for it and I agree with the other reviewers who praise its location, view and rooms. I'm giving it a poor rating for three specific concerns:

1) Days after we checked out we were charged $53.50 for taking a robe that we didn't take. I suspect the missing robe was unknowingly taken out with the towels after checkout and have asked that they recheck their inventory. Exacerbating the situation, the hotel has been unresponsive to my attempts to resolve the matter and/or speak with a manager.

2) We stayed seven nights and three times are room was not cleaned by housekeeping. In their defense two of those days we spent a lot of time around the hotel, but even on those days there were several hours when the room was vacant. IMPORTANT: when cleaned, the room was impressively clean.

3) Several times we asked for help calling a taxi and the front desk was willing to give us phone numbers but not call themselves. Charges for the calls varied from $.15 to $2.35 with tax, but the real problem was the hassle. In addition, the taxi we rode to the airport at their suggestion was driven by someone who did not seem to be in full control of his faculties.

Room Tip: Rooms 210 or 310 are the far corner rooms with balconies that open on two sides, but most second and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Brian G
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Great view of amador and the city in the distance. New property so they're working out the kinks. Remind them to turn on the hot water. Overall great experience.

• Stayed September 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were in Panama for a two week visit and stayed a total of 6 days. We wanted access to the city but didn't want the hassle of the traffic. Being on the Amador causeway was the perfect solution, especially since we had a car. The view was relaxing - the bay, boats, feeding pelicans There are many restaurants but the free "tipico" breakfast at El Ranchito was our favorite. The only downside was that it sometimes took 15 minutes for hot water to get to the shower due to their type of heater. Otherwise it was a new and clean hotel with friendly personnel.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view and away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Nitro City Panama Action Sports Resort
Hostal La Casa De Wombat
Hostal La Casa De Wombat
#1 of 1 in Veracruz

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!