“Private tour from the airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Almiza Tours by My friend Mario

Almiza Tours by My friend Mario
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Panama culture with local guides and the best you will pay our local price (Half price than our competitors!!!) We have the best friendly guides with 10+ years experience with tons of information and history details. We are in the business since 1994.
Brantford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Private tour from the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I spent 6-7 hours on a private Panama City tour with one of the Marios. He picked me up at the airport and dropped me off at the hotel. He was a great source of information on his city and country and a good conversationalist. It made for a full day and it did allow me to get a good feel for the city and its people. It's just you and Mario, so you can determine your own pace of schedule and itinerary.
Seems like a very solid option if you have 1 day to spend in Panama City. Great value for the money!
My one suggestion is that if you visit the ruins of Old Panama and if it is cloudy, then take a rain jacket or umbrella with you. I did not. After walking several minutes towards the Site, there was a 10 minute downpour that left me soaked (and my passport, wallet, phone, and camera dampened). Fortunately, I had my luggage in the car so was able to change into dry clothes.
Thanks again Mario for showing me Panama City!

1 Thank Eric A

• Polish first
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cave Tour with Mario 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Mario was a really patient (we were running late for the tour), well informed and fun guide, driving us to the cave and helping us through it. We had a great day! Mario was well prepared bringing a underwater camera, drinks and fruits and when it rained heavily he organized a visit at a local family's hours, so we could change clothes. And the cave a real highlight as we ended at a natural pool where we took a swim before returning.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank traveltheword
Boynton Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A day with Mario III of My Friend Mario Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I recently arranged with My Friend Mario Tours a tour that included the rain forest, the Gatun Locks and the Fort of San Lorenzo for a group of 16.

We were met at the port by Mario III, not the original Mario, but an employee with a similar name. Once we boarded the very comfortable air conditioned bus we also met his driver, Felix as well as Mario III's wife and young son. Everyone is fluent in English.

On the tour that followed, particularly in the rain forest, Mario and his group of helpers were able to spot so many rare species of birds as well as monkies, sloths and iguanas. We were constantly getting on and off our bus as it went through the rain forest to see these various animals up close.
The tour was enriched by all of the wildlife seen and was one of the many highlights of our day. All of us had ample opportunity to take exceptional photos.

Our in depth tour of Fort San Lorenzo another highlight was graphically described in detail by Mario. He gave the historical significance of the fort. The fort is strategically located and is largely intact and situated in a picturesque location.

At the conclusion of the tour we saw the Gatun Locks. The visitor center is ideally situated to get a close up view of the lock's operation which is phenomenal to witness.

Mario's tour could not have been better. We were able to see everything with a very talented guide who provided a detailed and often humorous account of what we saw. His helpers added another dimension to this excellent tour.

Niagara Falls, New York
“Cruise ship transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I prearranged transportation for my mother and sister in law from the Port of Colon to their hotel in Ancon. It was not a tour, just the transfer. The My Friend Mario driver waited at the port with a sign so they could find him.

When it came time to leave Panama, they booked the airport transportation through My Friend Mario as well. My mother enjoyed chatting with the driver and commented on his pleasant manner.

We appreciated the quality of service received and will be booking airport transfers (and maybe some tours as well) with My Friend Mario on our upcoming family trip in January.

Grand Cayman
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I booked both the Panama City and Canal Tour (Tour Code: CL009) and airport transfer with My Friend Mario. Although we had a bit of difficulty finding our guide when we came off the cruise ship and we had to wait for almost an hour for a passenger who never showed up, the remainder of the tour was excellent! Our guide, Daniel, was very knowledgeable, super friendly and patient. Despite the inclement weather and the lack of ships at the Mira Flores Locks we had a wonderful time and learned and saw a lot of Panama in just one day. We were also dropped off right at our hotels front door after the tour and a couple of days later, we were picked up and taken to the airport for our early flight by Mario himself!! The prices for both trips were well worth it, we highly recommend booking with My Friend Mario.