“4-5h Panama City review”

Almiza Tours by My friend Mario
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Panama culture with local guides and the best you will pay our local price (Half price than our competitors!!!) We have the best friendly guides with 10+ years experience with tons of information and history details. We are in the business since 1994.
Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“4-5h Panama City review”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had 7h in Panama layover. This left us with 4.5 hours for the tour of the Panama.
Mario (#2) was a great guide.
Tour was fast as we did not have too much time to walk around, but wanted to see everything.
Pineapples on the fruit market were great.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Andrej Z

• Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great day in Colon”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I found My Friend Mario through other reviews on tripadvisor. We had a port stop in Colon and I wasn't interested in the excursions offered through our ship and wanted to try another option. The day was great! Our ship was actually delayed getting into port due to a medical evac, but I emailed MFM the day before and let him know about the delay, which was supposed to be one hour. We were actually almost THREE hours late and I was worried that MFM would have bailed on us, but when we arrived at the meeting spot, he was waiting! I was so relieved. We had a great tour, drove over the Panama Canal bridge and then stopped in the jungle looking for monkeys. We found quite a few. Disappointed that we didn't see any sloths, but did see a Coatimundi and Tuacan. Mario has a thick accent, so was hard to understand at times, but I could understand enough of his English to get the gist. After walking for about 45 minutes in the jungle to a beach area, we then drove to the Fort San Lorenzo. We had plenty of time to explore the fort and were the only ones there. Finally, we on our way back we stopped at the Gatun locks where we watched the ships for quite awhile from the observation deck. Mario had lots of great information, we didn't feel rushed at any time (even though our tour had to be shortened due to the ship's schedule), and he was willing to take as many pictures as we liked. I would definitely recommend MFM to anyone visiting Panama or Colon. A very personalized tour.

2 Thank MaryKay C
Chicago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We used My Friend Mario yesterday for a guided tour of the canal and Panama City. It was probably one of the best guided tours we have ever had. Mario #2 promptly picked us up from our hotel and took us straight to the Panama Canal. The tour then went on to Ancon Hill, Amador Causeway, Panama La Vieja, and Casco Viejo. Throughout the tour he was very funny and knowledgeable about the attractions and the culture. He even stopped during the tour to get us mangoes and pineapples. What I really liked was that he was willing to change the itinerary of the tour based upon our preferences. An added bonus was that Mario 2 was really good at taking pictures, and so he took some great pictures of my wife and I at the different locations.

Overall, it was a great experience, and you get a private tour for the price a group tour. I would highly recommend My Friend Mario to anyone looking for a tour operator in Panama.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank APChi
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My Friend mario”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We used My Friend Mario on our recent trip through Panama. We were picked up at the airport and taken to the Marriott Hotel after a short city tour. We were picked up the next morning and driven to Gatun Locks for a short self guided tour and then dropped at Colon pier for our cruise.The whole process was very good. We enjoyed our tours and the drive across Panama. I would recommend this company. We had Mario #2. I think they all are great.

1 Thank bryan9661
Christchurch, New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

12 of us did a Panama Canal and Embera Indian village tour with Mario(all the guides seem to be called Mario) whilst in Colon for a Port day on cruise. He had his son, Dylan aged 6, with him. We went first to the village of Embera Quera. The river was very low but the boat trip was amazing. We saw Toucan, monkeys, sloth and other wildlife. We did a walk around the village garden looking at plants for natural remedies. Looked at the school/classroom and danced with the Embera. We had a delicious lunch of fresh fruit(best we had in 3 weeks) and fish and plantains. Our 4 children thought it was yummy. We bought a few crafts and enjoyed the time in the village. On our way back to the ship, we stopped at Gatun Locks for an hour to watch some ships pass through(as we had the day before) and see it from a different perspective. This was a great tour(voted best tour on our 15 night cruise by our children) and we highly recommend it.

2 Thank micsgirl