“Way Better Than Going Through the Ship” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Almiza Tours by My friend Mario

Almiza Tours by My friend Mario
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Panama culture with local guides and the best you will pay our local price (Half price than our competitors!!!) We have the best friendly guides with 10+ years experience with tons of information and history details. We are in the business since 1994.
Lake Worth, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Way Better Than Going Through the Ship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The cruise went to Panama. Of course that means you have to see the canal. (PS BORING!!) Anyway, the cruise ship takes you there and back and charges a lot. My Friend Mario supplied a nice small bus with driver and guide who took us to the Gatun locks (Did I mention BORING) and then we got to see an old church, historic fort, got to play with a monkey, drove through town and went to the beach for as long as we wanted. They even had soda and water for everyone. If you are going to see the 8th Wonder of the World (after watching grass grow) this is the way to do it. Friendly, easy to find and half the price of the ships excursions.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Russ0702

• Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mario was amazing and I would love to use his service again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

March. 9th, 2012
I can't say thank you enough to Mario who gave us a wonderful experience in Panama. 5 of us were supposed to go to Barro Colorado, but there were only 3 seats available. 2 of us had to look for other options and I am very happy choosing my friend mario as our tour guide. I made a reservation online 2 days before the trip after reading tripadvisor reviews. Mario pick us up at the hotel around 9am and took us to the Embera village. The tour was a combination of adventure and cultural experience. Canoe ride to the village was very fun. We also got to spend time in waterfall and it was very nice. Mario was very knowledgeble about his culture and history and he was able to answer any questions we may have. At the end of amazing embera tour, we made another reservation with Mario and highly recommended to anyone planning Panama trip to use his service.

1 Thank Sujin L
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!!! Very adventurous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Me and 2 other friends in our 30's were excited about our first day of tour to the native indians. I like it's a smaller tour with only 2 other tourists with us. Our tour guide is the best that I have ever seen! He is very nice and helpful! After the first day of tour, we had so much fun that all of us decided to take another tour, which our tour guide Mario recommended us. We took a cave tour which is amazing! It was very adventurous to swim in the cave and see tones of bats!!! The view from the inside the cave to look up the cliff is amazingly beautiful! Physically demand though. But I'm sure there are some other tour that fit your needs.
Hope you have a great trip!!!

1 Thank PingYan
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mario was excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Mario was excellent. We initially booked him for a day tour to a local tribal village via a canoe ride and enjoyed Mario's company so much that we booked him for a trip the following day for a cave located 2 hours from Panama City. I highly recommend Mario.

2 Thank ScottFears
West Midlands
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Excellent - reliable, informative and enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We booked 2 trips with Mario whilst we extended our cruise vacation in Colon. Rey our guide on both trips was superb - friendly , professional , perfect English and made our time in Panama truly memorable. The first trip was straight as we disembarked the cruise ship and our luggage was not a problem. the second trip was a private excursion for our party of 4 and the visit to the rainforest and the fort was excellent. If you are staying in Colon post cruise - book this company. Do not attempt to try and do things yourself - it is not a safe city even in daylight hours. Make sure you book them for the return journey to the airport too - we didn't and had a white knuckle taxi ride !!

2 Thank Jasper20