“Highly recommended!!! Very adventurous!”

Almiza Tours by My friend Mario
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Panama culture with local guides and the best you will pay our local price (Half price than our competitors!!!) We have the best friendly guides with 10+ years experience with tons of information and history details. We are in the business since 1994.
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Me and 2 other friends in our 30's were excited about our first day of tour to the native indians. I like it's a smaller tour with only 2 other tourists with us. Our tour guide is the best that I have ever seen! He is very nice and helpful! After the first day of tour, we had so much fun that all of us decided to take another tour, which our tour guide Mario recommended us. We took a cave tour which is amazing! It was very adventurous to swim in the cave and see tones of bats!!! The view from the inside the cave to look up the cliff is amazingly beautiful! Physically demand though. But I'm sure there are some other tour that fit your needs.
Hope you have a great trip!!!

1  Thank PingYan

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Mario was excellent. We initially booked him for a day tour to a local tribal village via a canoe ride and enjoyed Mario's company so much that we booked him for a trip the following day for a cave located 2 hours from Panama City. I highly recommend Mario.

2  Thank ScottFears
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We booked 2 trips with Mario whilst we extended our cruise vacation in Colon. Rey our guide on both trips was superb - friendly , professional , perfect English and made our time in Panama truly memorable. The first trip was straight as we disembarked the cruise ship and our luggage was not a problem. the second trip was a private excursion for our party of 4 and the visit to the rainforest and the fort was excellent. If you are staying in Colon post cruise - book this company. Do not attempt to try and do things yourself - it is not a safe city even in daylight hours. Make sure you book them for the return journey to the airport too - we didn't and had a white knuckle taxi ride !!

2  Thank Jasper20
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We booked several services with Mario based on recommendations on Cruise Critic. Unfortunately, Mario did not live up to expectations. Our airport to hotel transfer went smoothly, but the next morning things fell apart. We were booked on a partial transit of the Panama Canal with an 8:30 AM pick-up. At 8:35 I received a call at the front desk and it was Mario explaining that the boat was broken. Not a problem...things happen. He said he was going to try and rebook us with a different company. Fabulous! He would call back in 20 minutes...or so he said. An hour passed and nada. I tried to call the number he gave me in an email and it was the wrong number.
I finally had the hotel book us on a city tour with a new guide and we had a fabulous time! So much so that we called Mario (we found the number online, but didn't have internet earlier) and cancelled our transfer from the hotel to our cruise ship.
What did I want? I wanted him to call back in 20 minutes as he promised. He could have offered us an alternative tour (city tour, Embera village, something!).
I should mention that he did offer the tour for the next day, but we are leaving on our cruise and I was hesitant to book something that day when I knew I had to be onboard by 3 PM. In addition, he did not state that it would be guaranteed that the boat would be fixed.
We will not recommend his services to anyone staying in Panama City.

3  Thank Naomi E
wapanda10, Manager at Almiza Tours by My friend Mario, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Our deep appologies, we tried to accommodate your party with another companies to transit the Canal the same day but was impossible, tried to offer you more tours options for the same day for free and the Canal transit the next day but you rejected our offer. Our deep appologies again.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Also know as 'agencia de viajes Almiza, we are very happy we chose My friend Mario for a tailored tour (Train, Colon, Fort San Lorenzo, Gatun Locks and Portobelo). Our guide, Mario, was excellent, very knowledgable and punctual. The prices are very cheap if you compare to other agencies so you get much more for your money.

We had an exceptional day and we highly recommend them.

1  Thank Leadoo