“Between average and good”

Almiza Tours by My friend Mario
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Embera Village Tour from Panama City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Panama culture with local guides and the best you will pay our local price (Half price than our competitors!!!) We have the best friendly guides with 10+ years experience with tons of information and history details. We are in the business since 1994.
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We booked 4 tours with Mario. One in Colon, that was the best and the others in Panama. For our first tour in Panama, that was supposed to be city tour and Miraflores, with hotel pick up at 8:30, at 7:30 got a phone call asking if we could change it and do the Canal Transit this day and if we could be ready at 8. OK. But at the end of the tour, we had to wait for more than an hour for someoine to pick us up since Mario said that the guide that toured the Canal was supposed to take us home and he this guide said that Mario was supposed to do it. Who is right? The 2nd day, Mario was half an hour late but tour was good. 3 rd day we went to Embera Village and we get all soaked in water in the canoe. The other tour had ponchos, but we didn't. I would say they were 10 in Colon and 7 in Panama. The 2 guides we had were called Mario, by the way

3  Thank SimRio
"group tour"
in 7 reviews
"layover tour"
in 5 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"dugout canoe"
in 10 reviews
"final stop"
in 3 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"plantains"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Took a day tour with "my friend mario", the tour guide, mario's dad was excellent and very knowledgable. He was very flexible in terms of where we wanted to go, for $45 that was an excellent value. we also took to & fro transfers from panama city airport, drivers were punctual and polite and never ever asked for anything more then the fee $50 fee.

great value! keep it up mario.

3  Thank tim j
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We used this company for both touring Panama City and for transportation.
Mario Sr. took us on a private day tour which allowed us to see all the sights which we wanted to throughout the city at our own pace including the Miraflores Locks.
His knowledge and enthusiasm about the history of the city was exceptional and as was his ability to explain all the issues about the building and running of the canal.
We had an exceptional day and would highly recommend them

4  Thank SenaW
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I read the reviews here and decided to give it a try.

We were not disappointed. Mario provided airport transfers, City tour and transfers for our canal transit.

I cannot say enough kind things about Alex our guide. He was fantastic! Kind, funny, knowledgeable and very helpful. He couldn't do enough for us.

If you use Mario, ask for Alex!

3  Thank mfgd61
See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2012

There are some great tour guides in Panama City but I first had a most disappointing experience with the tour guide Mario, "My friend Mario". I booked four days of tours three months out and even reconfirmed them before I left home. They gave me prices for both private and group tours.

However, I was the only one signed for three days of tours and they cancelled. Luckily, my hotel was able to align me with a great guide that gave me private tours.

Mario was unable to give me change for the partial canal tour and I still haven't received it. Not good business tactics!

2  Thank J S
wapanda10, Manager at Almiza Tours by My friend Mario, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

My friend Mario is not a tour guide is a Tour operator (Almiza Tours) with 10 guides avg.
The client travel alone and we always try to accommodate the requeriments of our clients goodwill. Please note that in Panama is really hard (almost impossible) to book a tour like single traveller.
The client book with us City Tour, Panama Canal Partial Transit , Embera Village, Rainforest and airport transfers. We quoted price like group because we like to add the client to our group and give her an excellent price.
day 1 - Transfer - hotel = good
day 2 - City tour group = excellent
day 3 - Panama canal transit = good

day 3 - before travel to the dock, we informed the client unfortunately we had no more clients to do the Embera and Rainforst tour like a group and we were forced to increase the price like private tour because she travel alone. She got upset and cancelled the rest of the services.

day 4 - Embera indian village = client cancelled
day 5 - Rainforest tour = client cancelled
day 6 - transfer hotel - airport = client cancelled

The advantace with our company is that you can pay the day of the tour and if you do not feel happy with our services you can cancelled without penalty or loss deposit.

Finally, about the US$5 change we left the money at the hotel reception the same day.