“"Ok", at best ...”
Review of Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Las Clementinas Cafe and Bar is an iconic restaurant in Casco Viejo. While the ambiance is distinctively Old Panama, our menu might be described as contemporary Panamanian comfort food. Our highest culinary priority is to use the best local, traditional ingredients we can find while exploring the medley of cultures that have made Panama one of the great cross roads of the world.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We went to this cafe specifically, because of all the positive reviews on TA, but were not particularly impressed.
My stake was cooked well, but served cold. My wife's risotto was hot, but a bit overcooked.
The drinks tasted "virgin". The prices are not outrageous, but are at the higher end, especially for Panama. I expected something much better and more impressive for this kind of money, and especially seeing how it is ranked #4 in the whole Panama City (it definitely isn't). I think, it is highly overrated.
The highlight of the evening was the live band playing light instrumental jazz. This was great, and made it worth the visit.

1  Thank dimatkach1
ConservatorioHotelsP, General Manager at Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear dimatkatch1, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our restaurant. Please know that this is NOT the usual experience for any of our guests. I spent time with both the kitchen and front of house staff today, following up on your concerns and complaints. As far as I'm concerned, there is no excuse for this type of thing happening in our restaurant. I cannot apologize enough, and please rest assured that should you ever choose to return to give us a second chance, the experience will be what we always strive for here. Please feel free to contact me at: manager@lasclementinas.com should you come back this way. Kind regards, Carolina

There are newer reviews for Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I ran in to this place cruising Casco Viejo and decided to escape the humidity and relax for a bit. Well, NO AC!!!! They just had fans running. I go to the bar and the tender asks for my order. I say 'espresso' and then he goes and finds someone else to do it. A different guy comes and makes it for me. The espresso they use is very good but the problem is that they gave me the smallest $3 shot I've ever had. What's worse is that they include a tip on your tab, so it was practically a $4 espresso that wasn't more than 15 drops of coffee. If you want coffee, go elsewhere.

ConservatorioHotelsP, General Manager at Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Adam, thank you for writing. Yes, unfortunately during the hours of 11am and 3pm right now, all businesses are under city ordinance to shut of air conditioners due to low levels of water in the lake (Panama City runs primarily on hydroelectric energy). I can definitely understand your frustration with the heat -- we are all feeling it! Hopefully, now that the rainy season is starting, the ordinance will be lifted soon. We do not include the 10% tip in the bill, but we do add it as a "suggested" tip and it is clearly marked that way. All guests are, of course, free to not pay it.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This restaurant is located in the Casco Viejo (old city) is a lovely renovated old building. We sat outside in a garden courtyard. The food was delicious, particularly the seafood that Panama is known for. I recommend starting with a cocktail, these were light and refreshing. Excellent service, a good night was had by all.

Hello and thank you for your kind words about our restaurant. We are delighted that a good time was had by all and that you enjoyed our food, cocktails and service! We hope you return again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere and there's no pretense about it. Quite small, but intimate, which adds to its charm. Lovely waiters who are very helpful and considerate.
- The food is delicious and well judged - good flavors and reasonable meal sizes.
- It is a little pricey, so be prepared, but nothing too extortionate.
- It's a nice place for lunch or dinner.
- One of the better restaurants in Casco.

ConservatorioHotelsP, General Manager at Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

What a lovely and kind review of our restaurant. We are all so happy that you found of staff friendly and the food to your liking. We certainly hope you continue to return!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went there with my husband and had a delightful dinner. We were on a special coupon so ours was 3 course and a glass of champagne to start and a nice bottle of Pinot Griego.

We both had the squash soup to start and it had been drizzled with a balsamic base sauce and tops of baby green onion. The onions just got in the way of what was otherwise an excellent suit. we had a small basket of various delirious breads so were able to soak up all the soup from the bottom of the bowl....it was that good. For the main course my husband had a beautifully prepared large piece of Corina on a plate that includes vegetables. I had a nicly prepared large pork chop, again served with vegetables, in this case pieces of chopped squash. This was the only downside of the meal and the pieces were not uniformly cut so so while some were properly cooked others were nearly raw. The meal came with desert which were delicious if not memorable.

All in all, a very nice experience. The wait staff was attentive and appropriately friendly. The atmosphere was definitely french bistro with a Caribbean touch. I think there in only seating for about 30 people. Reservations are accepted. This place is attached to a very nice, very expensive new hotel. There is valet parking.

Hello and thank you for writing. We are very glad to hear that you and your husband were happy with your dinner with us, and found the waitstaff attentive. Hopefully, we will get another chance to host you both in the future!