“Best place I've found in Panama so far..”
Review of Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Las Clementinas Cafe and Bar is an iconic restaurant in Casco Viejo. While the ambiance is distinctively Old Panama, our menu might be described as contemporary Panamanian comfort food. Our highest culinary priority is to use the best local, traditional ingredients we can find while exploring the medley of cultures that have made Panama one of the great cross roads of the world.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great for Sunday Brunch, kids well looked after, lots of veggie options too! Very economical for contemporary cuisine will be going back.

ConservatorioHotelsP, General Manager at Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Wow, such high praise! On behalf of the whole team, thank you so much for your great review. We're so thrilled to hear you enjoyed our brunch and will be returning!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recommend the ceviche in the passion fruit sauce and the risottos
Nice place with a 30's atmosphere and good music

1  Thank Roberta L

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us, and hope you will be able to return!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Inn attached to the restaurant for two wonderful nights and ate two breakfasts and one dinner at the restaurant. All of these meals well excellent and exceeded my expectations.

For breakfast on the first day, I tried the omelette made to order with a side of bacon and it was delicious. On the second day I went a bit lighter with the mixed fruit, house made granola, and greek yogurt. The fruit was ripe and you could tell how fresh it was. The espresso and coffee selection is extensive and the service was great.

Dinner was nothing short of amazing! I had the prawns in a Thai peanut curry sauce and my partner had the hanger steak with onion rings. Both were excellent. But the shining star of this meal was the flan!

When we come back to Panama, we will eat here again!

3  Thank WJB1980
ConservatorioHotelsP, General Manager at Las Clementinas Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

How kind of you to take the time to write about your experiences with us at the restaurant. We've recently re-done our breakfast menu, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed it! We are also incredibly happy to hear that your dinner was to your satisfaction. It's definitely reviews like yours that keep us striving to meet every customer's expectations. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night, excellent friendly service. We shared the shrimp and corn fritters- delicious and easily big enough to share. My friend had the pork chop and I had the clementinas burger both of which were very flavoursome!
All accompanied by a nice bottle of prosecco for $27

Thank you so much for your kind words about our food and service! We're thrilled you enjoyed your buñuelos, and hope you will find time to return!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Read all the rave reviews of this place and just had to have the shrimp & corn fritters (No bueno). Our adventure began on a Sunday afternoon when we got there we were told that the restaurant was closing down for the afternoon and would reopen at 5 so we explored the city to wait until 5. Came back at @5, and were told that they were closed for the day, and come back tomorrow. Hungary and disappointed we left (with shrimp & corn fritters dreams dancing in my head). Walked to a near by restaurant and ate dinner. Came back to our car that was parked near Las clementinas and guess who was open with people (who were eating my shrimp & corn fritters) WTH. So we try again on Monday (the one day they are closed) our fault not there's because I should have checked the schedule. So we try again tuesday (third time is a charm) and finally yes finally I am going to get these much anticipated shrimp & corn fritters. Well maybe it was just too much hype I had built up in my head or maybe they were just nasty. On the up side my two boys ordered a hamburger and it was one of the best hamburgers I had ever had.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write. We take all feedback, both positive and negative, very seriously. While we are pleased you enjoyed the hamburger, we're very sorry that you had such trouble being able to eat here. As you say, we are closed on Mondays. Sundays we serve breakfast, brunch and dinner, with a brief changeover in the kitchen between 4pm and 5pm, however, we do not turn customers away during that time. I'm not exactly sure what happened the Sunday you visited, but will be following up with our restaurant team to find out.