“Rio Mamoni White Water Rafting- Highly Recommended!”
Review of Adventures Panama

Day Trip Adventure to Bayano Lake from Panama City
$165.00*
Canopy Adventure at El Valle
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventures Panama or Aventuras Panama is the country adventure outfitter pioneer, in business since 1994. It offers one day adventures or several day multisport itineraries that involve rafting, snorkeling, kayaking, biking, hiking, camping and more in remote areas such as Chagres National Park, Chiriqui Highlands, San Blas Archipelago, and others. Located in Panama City. It is a full service outfitter with a Tour Operator license.Customer satisfaction, nature conservation, and community involvement are its main values.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was the first time I've been white water rafting, so I cannot compare it to past experiences, but I thoroughly enjoyed it all!

We drove to the Aventuras Panama office, and were met by Javier and Luis, and headed out to collect the rest of the rafters at their hotels, as well as our guide- Fabian- along the way. Once we turned off the main road, the dirt road required four wheel drive to get us to the starting point. The guides briefed everyone on safety and procedures, and prepared all the equipment- and we were off!

The water level is fairly high, as it is rainy season now, and the rapids were categorized as Class 3-4. We had to hike around two rapids that were too extreme! Our guide was very competent and capable, and pointed animals and birds out to us as we went along, which made the trip all the more interesting.

Overall, the ride included everything- there were moments of pure adrenalin through the white waters- with the guide shouting orders, and the rest of us trying to keep up ( I fell out of the raft once! ), … followed by calm water where we just glided down river effortlessly, occasionally jumping in to swim! Lunch was excellent, and there was food to spare! We were fortunate enough to share our lunch spot with a sloth! The entire experience was positive- I recommend it highly!!! ( beats the hell out of sitting in traffic in Panama City all day! )

Highly recommended for a day trip excursion from Panama City!

Greg Phillips for GAPA Travel

1  Thank Greg P
Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your Excellent Review and submitted Excellent GOPRO Video going down the Z rapid, the most challenging rapid of the river. We included it on our facebook account.

I hope you can join us in our other exciting adventures very soon.

There are newer reviews for Adventures Panama

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a great time at Rio Grande. Me (44) and my three kids (7, 11 and 13) went down the lower part of Rio Grande, and had a great day, It was a great balance of Fun and safety. Clear water, Type 3 Rapids, and great company from the Guides, Javier and Edgar.

RVH

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your excellent review. Indeed we had a lot of fun in a sunny day.

Rio Grande is a great option for families with kids where water blaster wars are part of the fun.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I did this trip in September and for us it was the highlight of our trip! I am so glad we had the opportunity to go. It really is one of those "you'll never know unless you go" trips. The 4-wheel drive in was great...the scenery and views along the drive were beautiful. The hike into the river amazing. I had no idea that Panama had beautiful woods and creeks like these. The water on the first river was perfectly clear and beautiful. Just the drive and hike in alone would make for a good trip. The rafting was great. I was not looking for big white water but more for an opportunity to just get out on the river. We got a nice balance of both. That said "You will never know unless you go" and I highly recommend that you go.

Aside from the actual trip I want to say that this company did a great job from the time I booked the trip online to the time we finished the trip. I worked in Outdoor recreation in the USA for awhile so I was curious about how they would do a trip and I can say it was done as professionally and safely as any trip I have ever seen done. Both of our guides Edgar and Jean did a great job of making the trip fun and watching out for us. The lunch food was great. I can highly recommend using this company for whatever trip you would choose to do with them. I hope we get to do another trip with them in the future.
My husband and I did this trip together but I think it would make a great family trip.

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your Excellent Review.

It was a pleasure sharing with you our best "unkown" trip and I hope we can have the fortune to share with you some of our other well know destinations such as San Blas Expedition

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mamoni River Rafting September 3, 2013

Being my first time, it was a wonderful experience. Now I´m ready for a higher level of river rafting. This trip offered everything. We had spurts of adrenalin episodes, admiration for nature, good lunch, calm moments, lots of fun, excellent guides, great logistics. We saw birds, monkeys, iguanas, and even had an unexpected visitor. At our lunch site, we met a sloth sleeping on the sand. First hand, we had close-up pictures at six inches from the sloth. He was petted gently on the head. We watched him get up, walk to some hanging vines, climb the vine to a fragile bush twig and then reach out to the end of a tree branch. It was incredible!! This was live National Geographic!!

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review.

It was a pleasure having a 74 yrs old, full of energy, and wishing for more joining us on this trip. I hope we can take you in our other rafting trips

About the sloth, no, it is not in our payroll. It is a volunteer (-:

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My roommate and I traveled to Panama for vacation this month, and our rafting trip with Adventures Panama was one of the top experiences of the trip! Our guides were great and we had such a fun time. Great people, great activity, and great scenery! I wish we had more time to try some of the other trips they offer, but I guess it gives us a good reason to make it back to Panama soon. Thanks for everything!

Aventuras_Panama, Manager at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your Excellent review. We had fun having you paddling with us. I hope you can join us again so we can share with you our Panama.