“Great Experience - River Rafting!”
Review of Adventures Panama

Adventures Panama
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Full-Day Mamoni White Water River Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventures Panama or Aventuras Panama is the country adventure outfitter pioneer, in business since 1994. It offers one day adventures or several day multisport itineraries that involve rafting, snorkeling, kayaking, biking, hiking, camping and more in remote areas such as Chagres National Park, Chiriqui Highlands, San Blas Archipelago, and others. Located in Panama City. It is a full service outfitter with a Tour Operator license.Customer satisfaction, nature conservation, and community involvement are its main values.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had an excellent rafting experience in Rio Mamoni last weekend.

The crew of Adventuras Panama is very dinamic and have the necesary knowledge and experience to do this kind of trip... they take care of everything, so you dont have to worry about anything just to have Fun!

I totally recommend it, you will enjoy the whole trip!

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your Very Good Review. Please let us know what it takes to turn it into an Excellent Review.

Mamoni river water level is so dry now that we are only paddling in duckies (inflatable kayaks) until we get some rain. Still a lot of fun if you are aware on what to expect

All reviews
"plantains"
"unique experience"
"great guide"

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had an excellent day kayaking with Adventuras around Taboga island. Was an easy day trip from Panama City and a nice change of scenery from the big city. The guides were great and the equipment excellent. Would highly recommend this tour and company

1  Thank Beth263
Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your excellent review on trip and company. I also wish to thank you for being one of the first participant on it, our first trip around Taboga Island.

Once a teenager I tried to hike around the island with our boy scout troop and we found it to be impossible due to the rough terrain and cliffs that looked so beautiful while paddling around it !

Remember those rocks that looked as if they had received snow recently, and to your surprise you found out it was pelicans doing. Well avoiding it paddling instead of hiking was also a great idea !

Definetely we got a new great paddling trip to offer.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wonderful 5 day excursion! Chris was an amazing guide, the best I have encountered. The company went out of their way to make a trip happen for me since their website allowed me mistakenly to sign up for another trip online. I am so glad that something worked out as the trip was a highlight of my travels through Panama! White water rafting down the Chagres was great; nice hike to begin the day, adventurous rapids, calm and peaceful otherwise. Chris explained things clearly and I always felt safe and well informed while having a lot of fun. Soon to be guide Tyler was also on the trip and he was amazing as well. We spent the evening in an Embera village which exceeded my expectations as well. Fun to get this unique cultural experience. The waterfall tour the next day from the village was a lot of fun as well. My San Blas adventure exceeded expectations. Boat ride from Carti was a bit choppy but not so bad. Then a day of relaxation with sea kayaking and snorkeling on some of the most beautiful water I've ever seen. The islands were so peaceful and beautiful. Chris knew the good spots to snorkel. Spent the night in basic cabins in the San Blas which were pretty comfortable as well. These were fully packed, adventurous days but I felt like I had ample time to relax. The drivers (car and boat) were excellent and I always felt safe on the 4x4 trails. Chris went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, well fed, and well hydrated. His meal and snack selection is great; I appreciated how much fresh stuff was available considering how remote of areas we were in. Chris let me take a bunch of pictures on his waterproof cameras which we were able to exchange later. He even met me the night prior to departure to discuss the itinerary in detail and see what questions, concerns, and expectations I had. This trip was well worth the money. Chris and Javier were both very responsive to emails as well. Because of the computer glitch the company even threw in a free Panama City day tour, which was unexpected and very nice! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who is interested in some adventure tours in Panama.

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

It was great taking you in our favorite destinations, Chagres National Park and San Blas Archipelago. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Thanks Chris (our guide) for a wonderful time, we truly enjoyed the Mamoni River. What a great 'unplug' from city life. Great safety instructions. We could not have asked for better weather than that!
Great river, long and wide. Water was so refreshing and not extremely cold as other rivers I have been to. I highly recomend adding sunblock to every part of your body that will be left exposed to sun. Panama's sun is special and you will turn extra crispy if you don't put sunscreen on. We did stop for multiple dips in the prestine water. Good variety of lunch and snacks.
Chagres River is next!
Ps- if you are an adrenaline junkie: November-December are the months with higher water therefore faster rapids. If you are like me, and prefer slower rapids pick February as a perfect time to go!

Aventuras_Panama, Owner at Adventures Panama, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your "Excelent" review.

Yes, due to the dry season, Mamoni River becomes slower on January-March when we decided to switch from 14 ft rafts with a capacity of up to 7 persons to hyside mini-max 11 fts rafts with a capacity of 3 persons and tandem duckies(inflatable kayaks) to keep it exciting for our guest.

From April to May, it is very unpredictable if we can or not raft Mamoni but there is always the option to choose Rio Grande which is farther away but does has more water. In this months we basically choose the river to run based on where it rains :-)

And then on june-july we are back with our regular rafts.

The best water level is always november-december when it is the peak of the rainy season

See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Aproveche el domingo para ir a River Rafting al Río Mamoní con una amiga, era la primera vez que ambas íbamos a river rafting y nos encanto. En esta época del año hay movimiento en el río, pero no tanto como en época lluviosa, así que esta perfecto para amateurs. Nos sentimos seguras toda la distancia, nuestro guía tenía 12 años de experiencia. Importante ponerle atención al guía, ya que es un trabajo de equipo! Vimos iguanas, garzas, varios tipos de aves, el entorno es super relajante. Si tienes más suerte, verás osos perezosos y nutrias.

I took advantage of a sunday to go river rafting at Mamoní river with a friend, it was the first time river rafting for both of us and we enjoyed it. In this season of the year, the water level is lower than the rainy season, so it´s perfect for beginners. We felt safe the whole time, our guide had 12 years of experience. It´s very important to pay attention to the guide, it´s team work! We saw iguanas, herons, several other types of birds, the surrounding is very calm and relaxing. If you get lucky, you might see sloths and river otters.

Thank you very much for your "very good review." I am glad that Panamanians are getting into the outdoors and I am glad that we can be of assistance on it.

I am very very happy with your review. However if there is anything we can do to improve so next time you rate us Excellent please shared it with us because our goal is nothing short than reaching excellence.