We loved everything about this place. We had researched so much about the area ahead of time that we knew there would be construction noise. We came prepared with good earplugs! The staff was very helpful, and we always had a friendly smile and Hola from the doorman. I think what we liked most was the feeling of being part, just for a little while, of a rebuilding of something really unique. We would sit on our little deck for hours at night , drinking wine, and imagine how Casco Viejo would look in five years. There was usually music playing somewhere, which just enhanced the night. We stayed in Chagres, an automatic upgrade and huge apartment. We wished we had time to use the complete kitchen, but we always felt the pull of the wonderful restaurants in walking distance. We stayed four nights, but felt we hadn't even scratched the surface of this amazing town. We plan to come back in five years to see how it all turns out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Antigua Hotel is conveniently located at the entrance of Casco Antiguo. It is a boutique hotel with 7 comfortable suites and 2 cozy rooms. Each room and suite is equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, and kitchenware.At a walking distance, you will find the Coastal Strip (Cinta Costera), as well as all the historical buildings, churches, plazas, museums and enchanting narrow streets, which will take you back in time. The hotel features a rooftop terrace with views of the city skyline, the Bay of Panama, the colonial buildings and the Amador Causeway. Inside the hotel, you will find the original stone walls and tiles. Its spaces evoke the architecture of the 17th century merged with 21st century touches.In the Casco area you will find plenty of nightlife and dining options, like the recently inaugurated Pips Restaurant (located on the ground floor of the hotel), and the Grapes Restaurant, with high-quality international cuisine and steak house, located a few steps away from the Presidential Palace. We have direct access to the famous Cinta Costera in Ave. Balboa, features 6 km of seaside walking track ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Antigua Hotel Panama City
- Casa Antigua Panama/Panama City