Wanted to stay in Casco Viejo for one night. It can be pricey but found Casa Antigua after much research. It is not a hotel or B&B. They are apartments. We had 2 couples and we were supposed to get 1 apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Instead we got 2 separate apartments. It was not an issue. If we had kids it definitely would have been one. There is a very busy restaurant on the ground floor, great for drinks and if you don't want anything fancy. The location was perfect and felt safe with the presidents offices located across the street so lots of security. We walked all around Casco Viejo and yes there are delapidated buildings but you can see that change is coming. There are a lot of renovations happening everywhere. Casa Antigua is not for the person who needs all the amenities of a hotel. This is just a place to put your stuff and lay your head. No lobby no front desk. Keep this in mind if you think you cannot do without. The price was great when compared to other places to stay in Viejo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Antigua Hotel is conveniently located at the entrance of Casco Antiguo. It is a boutique hotel with 7 comfortable suites and 2 cozy rooms. Each room and suite is equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, and kitchenware.At a walking distance, you will find the Coastal Strip (Cinta Costera), as well as all the historical buildings, churches, plazas, museums and enchanting narrow streets, which will take you back in time. The hotel features a rooftop terrace with views of the city skyline, the Bay of Panama, the colonial buildings and the Amador Causeway. Inside the hotel, you will find the original stone walls and tiles. Its spaces evoke the architecture of the 17th century merged with 21st century touches.In the Casco area you will find plenty of nightlife and dining options, like the recently inaugurated Pips Restaurant (located on the ground floor of the hotel), and the Grapes Restaurant, with high-quality international cuisine and steak house, located a few steps away from the Presidential Palace. We have direct access to the famous Cinta Costera in Ave. Balboa, features 6 km of seaside walking track ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Antigua Hotel Panama City
- Casa Antigua Panama/Panama City