My husband and I stayed 3 nights and would highly recommend Casa Antigua. It is on Calle 9, right as you enter Casco Viejo. Right next door is the Relic Bar (part of Luna's Castle hostel) that has a great outdoor bar. It is mostly tourist so if you are looking for "local" that isn't the place.
The room was clean and really large. It is more like an apartment. It was really nice to have a fridge and wireless interet. We also had cable tv. And really important was HOT water!! Downstairs is Ay! Carmela, their little restaurant. We didn't eat there a lot, but when we did it was very good! Pablo, the manager of the place is awesome!! Very helpful and friendly. He lives on sight, so I felt as if he is concerned about safety as well.
The neighborhood is on the edge of the "safe" part, but we never felt unsafe walking to or from there. As most posts say, there are plenty of police on the corner and the British Embassy is right across the street with a guard out front at all times.
This place is more expensive than the hostels, but a great price for an apartment type room. Better than a hotel. If we every went pack, I would book here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Antigua Hotel is conveniently located at the entrance of Casco Antiguo. It is a boutique hotel with 7 comfortable suites and 2 cozy rooms. Each room and suite is equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, and kitchenware.At a walking distance, you will find the Coastal Strip (Cinta Costera), as well as all the historical buildings, churches, plazas, museums and enchanting narrow streets, which will take you back in time. The hotel features a rooftop terrace with views of the city skyline, the Bay of Panama, the colonial buildings and the Amador Causeway. Inside the hotel, you will find the original stone walls and tiles. Its spaces evoke the architecture of the 17th century merged with 21st century touches.In the Casco area you will find plenty of nightlife and dining options, like the recently inaugurated Pips Restaurant (located on the ground floor of the hotel), and the Grapes Restaurant, with high-quality international cuisine and steak house, located a few steps away from the Presidential Palace. We have direct access to the famous Cinta Costera in Ave. Balboa, features 6 km of seaside walking track ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Antigua Hotel Panama City
- Casa Antigua Panama/Panama City