“Beautiful place, nice food”
Review of Luna - CLOSED

Luna
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: twitter/Lunapanama
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Nice place with beautiful decoration. We sat outside in the super relaxing terrace and enjoyed some very cold drinks. The food was beautifully presented. We had a very fresh delicate ceviche followed by fish and seafood.
The atmosphere was a bit dead was we were there in the middle of the week but we can imagine this is a fun place to go on a weekend.
The service was attentive without being invasive.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Luna is a very large but pleasant dining-room, with a sort of Japanese-Italian fusion vibe with red and black lacquer furniture and bamboo table tops. The food is similarly fusion, with Italian basics such as risotto or veal with marsala sauce but also sushi-quality seared tuna and sashimi. There are also classical Panamanian dishes such as ceviche, pulpo al ajillo or corvina en papilotte. The broccoli and basil cream soup is excellent.
It´s a bit overpriced ($120 for a lunch for 2 including a bottle of wine and a glass of champagne) but the service was good. Always a bit emptier than one would wish for, Luna is right in the heart of the Marbella and financial district, and near the British embassy.

1  Thank Maeve F
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My Father took us here during a trip to Panama, the area (the restaurant is in) is not the 'nicest' i.e there is a pizza hut and a subway near by, needless to say I was skeptical at best (though the area itself is very very safe I think (close to the HardRock/Sherton etc.). However, once entering we were greeted by wonderfully friendly staff, our waiter spoke fantastic English, though not everyone in the restaurant did.

Regardless, fluency in language save for allergy reasons, would not matter the food was not only spectacular, it was AMAZING. I have not eaten like that since I lived in Paris and then, the only comparable meal was the Michelin restaurants. Pricing was by far reasonable (compared to 'western standards') and everything was TO DIE FOR. I could not sing this restaurants praises enough. Absolutely impeccable!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went here last weekend. For the first half an hour service was shocking - loads of staff who seemed to be running around like headless chickens. We were left sitting there for half an hour until I asked if we could order. Our drinks took 25mins to reach our table. Once we ordered, service improved. Have to say I was quite disappointed with the food. My starter was the goats cheese with duck pancake - so dry I had to take a mouthful of water each time i swallowed a mouthful - the pancakes were glued to the plate as if they were microwaved. Definitely some sort of sauce needed here. I had prawns for main - they were nice enough but all shell and eyes and drowned in red sauce - had to get my husband to pull the meat out of the shell and what a mess it made. No finger bowl provided. My husband has the grouper - he said it was ok. The best part of the meal was my dessert - the chocolate fondant - it was delicious. Overall an expensive night out for food that was mediocre.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Interestingly, the chicaron appetizer (BBQ pork skins) were fabulous. The fried calamari was good. I ordered the "garlickey shrimp" & while they were fine, next time I would go with more appetizers & a chicken caesar salad. If you want meat the BBQ pork chop is outstanding. Surprisingly, this is 'The Entre' to order.