“Nice modern restaurant”
Review of Origenes - Spanish Fusion - CLOSED

Origenes - Spanish Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We had a late dinner here, so we sampled multiple appetizers, but did not order a main course.
The menu was on the pricy side for entrees, mainly $25 to $30+.
We had the anti pasta cold cuts, which I thought was delicious. Three teenagers thought otherwise, but this was their loss. The chickpea salad was outstanding, as was the cheese plate. In addition, we had a chicken stew, exceptional, and he fried cheese appetizer, very good.
I would try this place again for dinner when I return to Panama City.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Found this restaurant w/ TripAdvisor as a place located at walking distance from the Riu Hotel where we stayed. It was a gem. The best meal we had while spending 3 weeks this year in Panama. My wife started with the mushroom soup; mostly mushrooms and subtle seasoning. I split a tuna and salmon tartare which was absolutely delicious. We then had a Zarzuela de Marisco, a blend of seafood in a delicate sauce reminding me of (Armorican sauce we serve in Europe) served with rice. We drank a nice Chilian Chardonnay ($19) with the meal. The expresso at the end was a 10. We had a fantastic dinner, good portions, fine sauces for a relatively reasonable price. We will definitely return.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The food here is incredible. Everything on the menu jumps out at you with vibrant flavors and fresh spices and herbs. Listen for their specials and go with them, especially the crab. This place has an inexpensive, but good wine list to go with the fantastic food. If you go to PC, put this place on your list. Service is good,but sometimes disappears - and that isn't always bad. When they notice that you are involved in serious business discussion, they let you be. Try it, you'll like it!

1  Thank philly099
Reviewed August 27, 2011

These is a must to visit if you want to taste original Spanish food. The service is impecable and the food remind me my best days when I was living in Spain. The Gazpacho is so full of taste and it goes perfect with the warm panamanian weather.

Also try the Pulpo a la Gallega. It is irresistible.

I go every time I visit Panama. Just love it.

1  Thank Walid74
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The decor and atmosphere are nice! Waiters only come at the beginning to take your order, never come back to refill water, ask how meal was, nothing!! Service is not very good.

Drinks were not good. The Spanish Red was flat and bitter. The cocktail ordered was too sweet and did not taste fresh nor good.

The tenderloin was tough. Overall not a place I would come back .......