“Peruvian dinner in Panama”

Restaurante Machu Picchu
Ranked #39 of 1,005 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Davidson, North Carolina
“Peruvian dinner in Panama”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had dinner here that was excellent. I had Grilled shrimp and my husband had sauteed seafood with an excellent "semi soy sauce". Both our meals were cooked well and reasonably priced. We decided to be brave and ordered a "new-to-us" appetizer, Grilled Octopus. It was very tast and not chewy at all. The lime it came with added a great touch. I ordered the Classic Pisco Sour, which was made with an egg white and it was very good. My husband ordered a Passion Fruit Pisco Sour (he loves Passion Fruit) and the sweet clashed with the sour. He would go traditional next time. We tried to order dessert but they were out of our two top choices, Passion Fruit Pie and Lemon Pie-and this was early in the evening (Tuesday). This is the first restaurant that had my beloved Chardonnay since the Hard Rock Cafe, so it was great for me. Recommend this place as long as you enjoy seafood. We ate outside which was very pleasant.

• Visited March 2014

Washington, DC
“Good food in a popular neighborhood”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I really have no complaints about Macchu Picchu. I ate at their sister restaurant in Boquete and had a wonderful corvina. Decided I just wanted an appetizer and a glass of wine and chose ceviche in a chili sauce. It was fine. No real complaints. Came with very nice garlic bread. I sat outside because the air conditioning was turned a bit too high for my taste. Service was fine, especially for Panama City, where things tend to be rather relaxed. They have an extensive menu and almost anyone can find something to please. I'd eat there again, to be sure.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, CA
“Good food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Nothing spectacular but overall good food. Pretty good service. We got seated right away & they have menus in English as well as Spanish.

Visited February 2014
“Food great but service poor”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were recommended by our concierge at Toscanna Inn and we walked over there. The food was wonderful! The Corvina was great as well as the specialty sampler for two that was served flambe. The Peruvian seafood dish was excellent. The only complaint was the service was very poor. The restaurant was full and there were only a few waiters. The waiters were going inside and outside waiting on tables. We were served our salad with our meal. It took a long time for the drinks to be served and only one of us received our drink. We had to flag down the waiter to bring the other drink and it still took awhile. The food was so good but the entire experience was diminished due to the lack in service.

• Visited February 2014
montreal
“Popular restaurant”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Walked to Mach Pichu restaurant from the Crowne Plaza. Peruvian food. Specialties fish and seafood. Nice décor; Peruvian themed. Very busy. Good idea to make a reservation. Lots of choices. Spanish menu and English Menu. Lots of choices. We both appetizers had fish main courses. Service a bit slow but restaurant was very busy and two large party groups. Wines by the glass,are well priced around 6$. Bottle prices are pretty good too. If you are in the area give it a try.

• Visited January 2014