“Good food...better drinks”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

First meal in Panama City was at Machu Picchu. The atmosphere is more outdated than some restaurants in the city but has a more local, laid back feel. We went around 9pm and there was a live band. The waiter was patient with our party as we looked over the menu (a lot of options). Menu has good array of seafood, chicken and steak options. Most entrees were between $10-$15. I chose the Churrasco steak marinaded in herbs and spices at the recommendation of waiter and it was delicious. The seasoning was different than any steak I've had. However the steak is rather thin and not the best quality...but flavor made up for it. While waiting, I had a house Sangria and it was the best I ever had! Perfect balance of wine and fruit. My boyfriend got Cau Cau which is all types of shellfish (shrimp, octopus, clams, oysters). He said the sauce was good, sort of cilantro flavor...but the octopus was over cooked. Overall a good meal. I would go back...but more for the sangria :)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

As a peruvian living in Panama for almos three years, Machu Picchu was one of our frequent restaurants. This month we went back for our son school graduation and invited his preferred teachers for a farewell lunch. We started with a generous pisco sour which put everybody in good spirit, for first course I choose "choros a la chalaca" which were good but low in spice, my main course was the "sudado" which I found it very good.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Make sure you ask for the English menu and it's a thick one. This is a seafood restaurant that the locals likes to frequent. There is a small group of band that played sort of new age music that's quite nice. The food was fresh, taste (a bit on the salty side), and the service was attentive.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We tried two different fish platter selections to be shared by two. Octopus,corvina,shrimp,oyster,mussels,yucca,squid were some of the
seafood on the platters. And of course,
a Pisco Sour. Delicious. We had good service and when we were
being outrageously overcharged for a taxi ride, they called someone
else to take us to our hotel for an appropriate fee. What a great experience
for us. We would definitely return.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food was delicious. They had a good selection and everything was great. Service was a little slower than I am used to, but that seems to be the norm in Panama.