“Fantastic rooms, great service and quiet haven in bustling Old City.”

Las Clementinas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Upon arrival, we were kindly greeted and given a short historic tour of the hotel - a nice touch which conveyed pride in the history of this special town.
First word when entering the room is "Wow". Spacious and filled with natural light, warm classic decor and comfortable furniture. The rooms are beautifully restored and maintain much of the old city character. Throughout your stay, you'll likely be torn between exploring Casco Veijo and staying inside with a good book.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed in the old town of Casco Viejo, and this small botique hotel was perfectly located for sightseeing, restaurants and bars. We could walk about at night without any hassle, and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The rooms are large with a kitchen and well stocked fridge. It was great to stand on the balcony and watch the sun set over the city, and see the local life in the streets below.The restaurant was pleasent and you can eat indoors or outside. We loved it and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My top-floor room was the size of an ample NYC apartment - say, the apartment of a world traveler, art collector, book collector, and bon vivant. The ceilings are high and the windows large. The objets d'art in my suite were fascinating and the furniture in the best eclectic taste, some from Panama. It had the feel of a household decorated with love and attention, rather than a commercial project. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious, with a huge shower tiled in hand made tiles. Staying here is also an education. I didn't have time to delve into the many beautiful art books with a Panama theme scattered about, but I did latch on to (and borrow temporarily with the management's permission) a fascinating, recently published work of anthropology placed on my bedside table. The ceiling fan banished the heat, and the linens were top-rate. I slept well without hearing traffic noise. There was a well equipped kitchen which I didn't use, though I recommend the hotel's cafe highly: best espresso I had in Panama, and a delicious sort of local risotto (forgot the name of the dish). The staff were helpful and competent, and arranged a driver for me, made sure my laundry was done, etc. The location is a little less central to the Casco than the sister property Canal House, but it is closer to the central business district. This place is not for everyone - it's hard to imagine elderly people or small kids climbing the stairs to the higher floor rooms, for instance- but it was perfect for me. I'd go back anytime.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights with our 4.5 month old baby and 2 single friends, and all of us were super comfortable and happy. The 2-room suites are spacious, the staff makes you feel at home, the kitchen and bathroom facilities are great, and the 360-degree view from the roofdeck is tremendous. Most of all, you get to experience the rich and unique character of Casco Viejo, and a rare chance to see a once-neglected piece of history restored.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IliyaFridman
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My husband and I spent a leg of our trip here during our honeymoon. We heard about the hotel from our friend and decided to give it a try. WOW WOW WOW! It was really amazing! The service is really great! the food at the restuarant is also really good and as an architect, i will tell you that the architecture and interiors are world class.... love the hostess Maria Eugenia who was literally at our beck and call, and the concierge (i forget his name, so helpful and willing to help and excellent english) and albert the bartender.

Awesome boutique hotel, even better staff and a one of a kind experience! The roof top view was stunning.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Panama. Las Clementinas was our first stop. The apartment, the location, and the staff ( especially Alejandro) were absolutely amazing. We walked around Casco Viejo day and night, and were always welcomed by a friendly "Buenas". We both fell head over heels in love with Casco Viejo and Las Clementinas, and would go back in a second.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Really enjoyed our stay at this quaint, well-appointed, beautiful hotel. Good location close to the main happenings in Casco Viejo. It is more like an apartment than a hotel room, with full kitchen, large dining table, beautiful furnishings and brand new everything within the shell of an old building using walls from the original city. This place just opened, but the staff was excellent, especially Alexander. He handled everything, from check-in, to turning on the water in the apartment (yes, it is that new) to giving us great tips for where to go and what to see.

The rooftop was a nice place to relax and watch the sunset over the water and downtown Panama City. Beer from the "minibar" (really a full fridge) was $1.55!

My only complaint is that the fold-out couch, which we had been assured was very comfortable, was not good. I guess it is to be expected from a sofa bed, and it was fine for a little while, but if you are planning more than a few nights it might be too uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends