I just returned from a 4day trip to Panama over the Thanksgiving weekend in November of 2012. I stayed at the Las clementinas. I must say, this is a very nice boutique hotel at the entrance to the Old Town (Casco Viejo). You won't haveto worry about safety and security because there's a big police complex just across the street from the hotel, practically less than a stone's throw away. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated. By the time we left, we knew some of the friedly staff by name. Maria, Carolina, Miguel and Marvin are extremely helpful with anything you need. I also stayed at their sister hotel closer to the cathedral, called Canal House. This place, too, is fabulous. It has the charm of a remodeled, private residence.
You feel totally at home. The breakfast is served "family style" at a community table. Olga, Tires and Agustina are a great team, always eager to make you feel at home. Agustina is a trained singer. She will sing for you while you are enjoying your breakfast.
Both places are a bit pricey. Basically what you are used to pay at any a five star boutique hotel
in other parts of the world. If there is one thing I would critique, it's that you have to pay for the local, bottled water. I understand that one hasto pay for Perrier and San Pellegrino, but local spring water in plastic bottles should be made available at no charge in a hotel charging approx. $ 300.00/night. In a country where the tourist feels a bit nervous about the water from the tap, it would be considered a nice gesture to offer free water. I was just in India a month ago. In the pricier hotels bottled water is usually available free of charge. I consider this a "Best Practice" approach that Las Clementinas and the Canal House might want to adopt. It would generate a lot of goodwill among the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic, boutique hotel located in Panama City's old quarter, Casco Viejo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Las Clementinas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Clementinas Hotel Panama City
- Las Clementinas Hotel Panama/Panama City