“Nice Stay”

Las Clementinas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been at Las Clementinas and it was a marvelous stay.
Everything was fantastic, the rooms, the services , the owners.

Its located at Casco Antiguo close to Malls and differents restaurantas at Panama City,

Dont forget to visit and stay at Las Clementinas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JohnShummer

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I had a marvelous stay at Las Clementinas from July 20th to the 22nd. We stayed in Apt. #2 (having had to move from the squalor of another apartment hotel nearby).

From the moment I stepped into Las Clementinas on the morning of July 20th at 7 am, the service was amazing. We were warned that there would be a noisy function taking place that very evening as Jon B. below stated and it was quite noisy. However, the next morning, Robert the manager greeted us and apologized most profusely. We accepted his apology and he offered to comp us a Sunday Brunch. We were unfortunately already scheduled for a tour. In lieu, of the brunch, Robert sent up a bottle of champagne.

Special mention should be made of the wonderful service provided by Miguel, Jose and Martin. We have never experienced such service in our past travels and we will be sure to come back and visit again.

They made our trip to Panama a most memorable one!

Room Tip: Apt. #2 is a wonderfully spacious room. However, it can be noisy from the street below.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lily L
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Las Clementinas in Chamber 4 between July 20-24. This grand old mansion is steeped in history and offers one the feeling of being invited to stay in another time. The attention that the owners who rescued this wonderful property from a century of neglect have put into restoring it shows everywhere you look and in the most minute details. Floor and wall tiles that had been handmade in the nineteenth century have been artfully brought back to their vibrant original colors. Architectural details everywhere show exquisite detail.

The staff and management were kind and eager to make our stay feel like we were their most important guests ever. If I had a question about anything in the neighborhood, Miguel at the front desk would drop everything to give directions and advice. Julie spent over an hour calling around to various helicopter operators to find us the best price for a tour of the Canal and make our reservation. The hotel maintains a friendly driver named Jose to take guests all over Casco Viejo on a comfortable electric golf cart to shop or find an ATM whenever one might need it. One night when my wife didn't feel like going out for dinner or ordering room service, Miguel cheerfully called for us for take out Pizza and Jose picked it up for us. Whenever we thanked any of the staff, their response was always "a la orden" (at your service).

We had one minor complaint over a noisy neighborhood party that was completely beyond the hotel's control. When I mentioned it to the manager, Robert, by email, I was contacted within a couple of hours by the hotel's owner and manager both who graciously comped us a four course Sunday morning brunch at the hotel's fantastic restaurant.

We will return to Las Clementinas whenever we are in Panama. I would go out of my way to visit the country, in fact, just to stay at Las Clementinas.

Room Tip: Chambers 4 and 6 have the largest balconies with the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed three seperate times on our recent trip to Panama City, Panama. The rooms are actually mini apartments with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen. Very comfortable with good air conditioning, a good shower, perfect internet, a nice comfortable bed, and nice comfortable furniture. Hey, whats not to like. The folks at the front desk were very helpful. Nice people. They stored my snorkel equipment for a week while I went off to Peru. They stored some of my Peru souveniours while I went off to the Coral Lodge. There is a restaurant onsite. My wife and I ate dinner there one night and the food was good. We had breakfast there every morning and it was good. The area has some construction going on but that was okay. All in all three great stays. No reason not to reccommend. Enjoy. Richard Garcia.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nohassle1956
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I don't have much to add beyond all the raves already posted. My daughter and I stayed six nights. High ceilings, beautiful tropical hardwood floors, original tiles in the bathrooms. It's got all the modern amenities (microwave, plasma TV, wireless) but also very nice touches like coffee table books in each suite, original old drawings and maps of Panama. I loved hearing the street sounds from our 3rd floor suite. Staff was, with few exceptions, very warm. Food is first rate.

Room Tip: No elevator but it is only a small inconvenience. Suite No. 4 is really large with three separate ba...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim_Jo1
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We traveled from Arizona with our 2 young boys (7 & 3) to panama for a 9 day panama tour. Our itinerary has us staying in panama city for 3 nights at Las Clemintas then moving to the beach town of buenaventura then back to the city at another hotel in the downtown area. We picked Las Clemintas for the location in Casco Viejo & the spacious room. Our overall experience was good. The rooms are spacious & clean. The remodel was done well with lovely interiors. However, our first problem was when we arrived in panama (2 hours late at midnight). Our driver set up thru the hotel was not there. They have offered to pay for pur transport leaving the hotel. The hotel is located in casco viejo which someday will
Be amazing... Right now is 75% under construction. Everywhere you go roads are closed and buildings being regentrafied. Also some buildings are very run down (some just walls) and the hotel is blocks away from El Chorrilla ( which is one of the most dangerous areas in panama city.). This, I was not aware of and would not have stayed here with my small children if I would have known this. Another problem with las Clemintinas is our balcony doors do not lock & after alerting the staff they were not very concerned & could not fix the problem. So... If you are looking for safe & secure look elsewhere if you are looking for a up and coming local with charm & a spacious room do!

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank Travelingtates
ConservatorioHotelsP, Owner at Las Clementinas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

A couple of quick notes regarding this comment....

Regarding airport pickups, it is vitally important that our guests send us their flight arrival information. Maria is great about persevering until she gets flight details from guests, but if she does not receive the itinerary she is not able to schedule the pick up.

Regarding the construction in Casco Viejo, we are definitely not thrilled with how many streets have been opened at the same time for repairs. A number of streets have now been completed and according to the government the bulk of the work will be done by November.

The balcony doors do in fact lock. Rather than being keyed from the inside, they have fancy German hardware that just requires pulling the handle upwards to engage the lock. In any event, we do not have any buildings adjacent and each suite's balconies are completely separate from the next, so this is typically not a major concern to our guests.

Finally, regarding safety, we are in a mixed income neighborhood, but people here are very proud that it is statistically one of the safest neighborhoods in Panama. We hope this has to do with the gentle nature of the people here, but for those who are more comforted by the sight of police, Las Clementinas is two blocks from the Presidency and directly in front of a police station. The owners of the hotel live with their families in Casco Viejo and hope that one of the lasting impacts of Las Clementinas is to start to erode the perception that a mixed income neighborhood is necessarily a dangerous one. El Chorrillo has a more heavy reputation, but we offer a fascinating tour of El Chorrillo for those who are interested in understanding that neighborhood for themselves rather than accepting the guidebook warnings written by writers who have never been there.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Exceptional space, with kitchen, living/dining area separate from bedroom and wonderful quiet area for sound sleeping! Lovely furnishings! And a delicious breakfast each day in the restaurant ( which is also open for lunch/dinner tuesday thru saturday). We had a great tour of Gatun locks and north Canal area arranged by staff with Katya.

Room Tip: #5 or #6 are on top floor ( third without elevator) and have a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple