“Great location downtown”

Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Santa Barbara, California
“Great location downtown”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed on the 4th floor and had a great view of the beautiful white Church across the road. The room was average; everything worked. We ordered room service one rainy night (estimated time 25 minutes) and had to call when we didn't get it for over an hour. They gave us some excuse about change in shifts and gave us a free small wine bottle and small dessert to compensate. We did not try the hotel restaurant. In general, choices for vegetarians are (not surprisingly) very limited in this country. The hotel is located within walking distance of the waterfront park and downtown shops.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabbaticalvj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Panama
Reviewed December 11, 2013

restaurant staff so rude I would never stay here again. Happened on 2 separate occasions. I was quite disappointed having enjoyed other Double Tree locations. Other aspects were average. Room was clean and pleasant

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Penny N
Wolf A, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Penny N,

Thank you so much for your review. I understand that you had a disappointing experience with some of our staff members and that they were not able to provide you with the attentive service you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual and I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your room.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again so we can prove that the proper actions have been taken.

Wolf Alexandrovich
General Manager.
Asheville, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great hotel in great location convenient to shopping, banking, restaurants and local attractions. Many stores (shopping), restaurants and bars at walking distance. Try TreScalini Italian restaurant, Beirut or Casa del Marisco all within walking distance. Breakfast at the hotel is great but the cookies are the best !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

4 Thank Satis P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

As a Diamond level HH member (160+ nights this year alone), I'm familiar with Hilton's high standards and excellent service--both of which were glaringly absent at this hotel. We hit a snag in our travel plans, ending up in PTY so we called HH for last minute reservation using HH points; reservation agent was great. Not so much help from anyone once we arrived at hotel. 3 ppl working at front desk, chatting among themselves when we arrived; not one stopped to greet us, let alone offer to help us, until I interrupted to ask to check-in. Standard for Diamond members is some type of room upgrade so we asked if upgrade is available. The desk agent was annoyed that I asked and assured me the upgrade was already processed. Room was fine enough, but can't imagine the assigned room before the upgrade cuz the room provided was standard king with broken sliding closet doors, only 5 minutes of internet at a time, no washcloths in the bathroom, grit/sand on tile floors, and the door to the hallway didn't close all the way without slamming. Desk agent said the he'd send a fridge to our room--never happened. First knock from housekeeping was at 7:47am (UNaccepabtle); 2nd knock was 8:30 (DND sign fell
off knob). Maids in hallway very loud early in the am. Cancelled the 2nd night and left as soon as we could, but not before paying too much for cappuccino, which we coached
the attendant on making. Bellman was a mess. Only helpful person was girl at desk during checkout named Keysha. Final insult: in-house driver gouged us for short 4.5km ride to rental car pickup so we could am-scray!!!! (Tip:
demand metered taxi.) Sorry, Hilton, this Doubletree isn't worthy of Hilton brand.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ebunnyg
Wolf A, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear ebunnyg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with and that you had some issues with your benefits being applied. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize if we fell below your expectations. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Wolf Alexandrovich
DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I spent one glorious night at this property and found the service to be on par with the Mandarin Oriental! As one example, I needed to have my bags transferred to another Hilton property so I could tour during the day and not double back to get my luggage........the manager personally ensured my bags were delivered safe and sound to the other property The full breakfast was delicious,my room was huge and the welcome cocktail was much appreciated. Definitely a good value. I spoke with another person that told me of a similar priced hotel (the Bristol) and from his description, it did not come close to my experience. I am sorry I did not spend my entire time with doubletree. I would highly recommend a stay at this property.

Room Tip: Go for the Jr Suite. It's huge and well worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JimA1
Totowa, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were 3 visiting for 3 night stay in beautiful Panama City. We stayed in a double suite which is handicapped accessible. The shower leaked over the floor in the room, but was because the water pressure coming out of the spout is so strong. The staff was very accommodating to assist me up and down the handicapped ramp and during the rain picked me up in the wheelchair to bring me up the steps. The hotel was very clean & provided a nice buffet breakfast included in the price. The pool is very nice, but the hot tub is still under repairs. There is some road noise due to the construction of the metro station in front, but the noise does not bother one to sleep. It is certainly worthwhile to stay here. The hotel is in a good location and taxi is readily available. It is close to shopping, supermarket and Catholic Church. On my next trip I will be staying here. Muchas gracias por su atencion!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolyn M
Chicago
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I only stayed one night at the Doubletree. Hotel staff was nice, room was clean and spacious.
I had issues with wifi on the 2nd floor, when it worked it was great, but finding the perfect spot in my room was challenging. The hotel has a tour desk that provided suggestions and tours. There is currently construction going on near the hotel, so walking around was little challenging. There were several restaurants within walking distance. Overall not a bad choice for a one night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo