“a good hotel”

Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Miami, Florida
“a good hotel”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel back in December 2012. As HHonors Gold member, free wifi and breakfast were provided upon checkin. The breakfast buffet was really, really good with various food options. Far better than DTs I've stayed in the US. It took us around 30min from Panama airport (PTY) to the hotel by an authorized taxi. Highly recommend the hotel to HHonors elite members.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Austin, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great hotel experience and very similar to stays at other Hilton Doubletree hotels. The hotel is very family friendly, and tourist friendly. I also found the hotel well located, in a safe area and great transportation available any time I needed to go anywhere. The best parts had to be the great internet access and cold AC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I want to start by stating that this is a nice hotel where a bunch of inconveniences ruined the experience. For starters, I had my key get deprogrammed 5 times in two days and insinuating that I kept putting it near my cell phone and that it was my fault was not the way to handle the situation. As you can imagine that having to go back to the front desk got tiresome after the 2nd time.

I also had no hot water when I checked in and was fortunate enough to realize that evening upon check-in and not when I went to take a shower in the morning.

The most annoying was making the mistake of asking the bartender if there were restaurants in walking distance. The bartender proceeded to tell me the nearest restaurants were at Albrook Mall a 15 minute cab ride away which I unfortunately believed. On my cab ride back I uncovered that the street parallel to the hotel had about 6 restaurants. To say I wasn't happy about that was an understatement.

The overall indifference of the staff was annoying and no apologies for the inconveniences will assure I never return.

Deltona FL, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

When we arrive The font office was excellent ,will go the extra mile to please us,incredible service all the employees act very professionals, I will recommend this hotel ,even the taxis service really good ,what can i tell no complains,the traffic did not bathos me. Thank you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Traveling as a Mission Save a Smile doing dentistry for the indigenous people of the Embera Puru, it is necessary to travel with a substantial amount of equipment..The storage and handling of these cases and supplies has been absolutely satisfactory with the staff at the Double Tree, and it is done with a smile on their faces.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, clean room and very positive experience. Had some challenges with Internet access but got resolved quickly. Great walking location to many good resturants. The room was good size for the price I was paying and clean. Since I was on the 5th floor; I had nice and quite experience

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Location is great. The rest about this hotel is average. The reception is never sure whether your room key is going to work. Exhausted from the day trip, with my rolling luggage, from the distant conner of the 3rd floor (that is where they sent me upon check-in) I had to go all the way down back to the reception to exchange the key. The swipe card they gave me at check-in did not unlock the door. Imagine my frustration? I was mad, and lost an appetite for a welcome cookie they give to newly arrived guests. Had to leave their cookie at the reception. Sorry it was not welcoming. The AC of the room is noisy like a plane engine. The furniture is tasteless. The bathroom wall got an enormous crack. I hope the building is not collapsing here.

• Stayed August 2013
Wolf A, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your candid feedback from your most recent stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed in our Management Committee in order to take proper action to make sure the issues are corrected. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay and assure your concerns will be addressed. I do hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future if your travels do bring you back to our area.

Wolf Alexandroich