1,574 results
All reviewsdouble treewelcome cookieel carmenmetro stationnice hotelcentral locationcalle uruguaycinta costerabuffet breakfastbusiness districtfitness centerthe air conditioningpanamaubercabdrivertaxis
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel using points. When I arrived they confirmed that it was a "point's stay" and gave me a upgrade, as I am a Diamond Member.
Upon my checkout, they gave me a bill for the entire 4 night stay. I said that it must've been a mistake and the person told me that if it was booked with points, a monetary value would not have been listed. Anyway, I used my girlfriend's computer and pulled up the points confirmation to show them. They told me to email it to the front desk (no problem, I did it right there) and they gave me a bill for just the room service.
I get back to the states and a week later my boss says that my hotel was charged to my company credit card!!!!! Not good. I tried to contact the manager at the hotel, but either she does not exist or just doesn't care. I wrote her an email and left voice messages with no response. I called the Hilton HHonors hotline and they could not contact the manager either. Meanwhile, HHonors is cutting me a check and thanks to Double Tree Panama, my bank is overdrafted, as work deducted the funds and they don't seem to care.
I can obviously not recommend this hotel based on my experience, however, it was a nice place to stay while I was there. Too bad they ruined my experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon E
Reviewed March 17, 2012

the double tree is well located in the financial district the beds are exceptional and the guest services are ok . the desk staff wont know´where anything is in the city but no one does. Inglesia De Carmen is the landmark to use .

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Feb 2012. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the property and the way guests are treated by the staff.

I was also upgraded to a suite free of charge for the price of a regular room automatically due to being a gold member

This is my choice of hotel in Panama City

Room Tip: Rent a car with GPS if possible, Hotel Taxis may end up costly if you plan to tour the city
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree during an overnight layover on my way to Venezuela. Check-in was easy, entire staff was friendly and able to speak English. Was upgraded to a suite (Hilton Platinum) and room was great. Clean, quiet, comfortable bed, nice shower. Minimal noise outside the hotel - road construction...but was not a problem at night when going to sleep. Was not able to catch dinner, but breakfast was a standard buffet breakfast found at most hotels. Bacon, eggs, cereal, toast, assortment of fresh fruits and pasteries. No problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband & I typically go with mid-priced hotels while traveling in Central America (i.e. $60-$80). Orbitz had rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton Panama City for $100/night. The reviews were good, so we took a chance that it would be worth it to splurge a little on our trip there. Are we ever glad we did!

The hotel staff couldn't have been any friendlier or more helpful. They were happy to provide directions and answer our questions about the city. They even smiled through our attempts at practicing our basic conversation-level Spanish on them.

The facilities were terrific. Our room was clean and quiet, and the bed was quite comfortable. The fitness center offers an assortment of strength training and cardio equipment. The pool was clean.

The hotel has a full-service restaurant and bar. Our meals were good - not super but still a good value.

Whether you are headed to Panama City on business or pleasure, plan to stay at this hotel. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple