1,580 results
All reviews double tree welcome cookie el carmen metro station nice hotel central location calle uruguay cinta costera buffet breakfast business district fitness center the air conditioning panama uber cab driver taxis
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I normally don't write reviews, but really had a great experience at the Doubletree. The service was excellent! We walked in hot and sweaty, and they greeted us with a freshly blended tropical drink, a warm cookie, and allowed us to check-in 2 hours early.

I did a lot of research before coming, and was sure I wanted to stay in the Congrego/Financial neighborhood. It is the safest and nicest part of town. This hotel is definitely the best price for the neighborhood and what you get. The lobby looks classy, the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the rooftop pool and hottub are definitely a plus after a long, hot day of walking and sightseeing.

After checking out, the bell boy held our luggage in a securely locked room, arranged our cab to the airport, and let us hangout at the pool for the afternoon.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My friend and I visited Panama City for 2 nights in January and the Doubletree was perfect. I picked it for the location and price, both of which were great. The room was spacious, free Wi-Fi, clean and comfortable. The service we got from the front desk, bell men and concierge was excellent. We enjoyed the pool, too, to rest and cool off in the afternoon. We kept the air conditioner on Med to mask some minor noise. I would have liked a frosted shower door so that we would have felt comfortable using the bathroom at the same time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank imissneworleans
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you come for business this is a great hotel. Like many in the area, you can walk to lots of restaurants which is nice.
The hotel itself is not as good as the Doubletree in the US. There is a great comfort but there is a small smell of humidity in general. TV is the largest I have seen in a hotel: 47".
Food is so so. Breakfast very disappointing.
Pool is quite small and freezing cold even with outside temperature above 80!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank davidafranklin
Reviewed January 29, 2012

New hotel, 3 months old at January 2012. Very modern and nicely decoreated. The staff are very attentive, helpful and pleasant
This hotel is in the perfect spot in Panama City away from the Casinos and prostitutes that tend to go with the casino Hotels in Panama but very central
I was here on business and used the small but well equipped business center again with very helpful staff
All in all a very nice place to stay with great staff and in a great spot
IM

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ian m
Reviewed January 26, 2012

For this particular trip, I decided to use my Hilton points to book a week at the Doubletree. For 30,000 points a night, cheap by US standards, I was able to enjoy a relaxing week. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I needed to change larger bills for smaller bills for taxis etc.

The free breakfast included with my room was excellent. Omelets made to order, bacon, sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, juices, and the normal assortment of pastries and cold cereals as well.

I had no idea there was a roof top pool, so am a little disappointed I wasn't able to enjoy it. But I did enjoy the oversize tube in my room and kept the AC on "freeze me".

This location is within walking distance of a couple malls, Hard Rock Cafe, two movie theaters, and the boardwalk. I enjoyed walking to Panama Viejo three or four mornings, passing the fish market and grabbing a bite to eat at on of the little food stands near the President's home.

If you want to tour the Panama Canal, I recommend Irvin, a local tour guide that hangs out at the hotel. He took me to the canal and rather than just drive me there and drop me off, explained how the canal works and talked me through several neighborhoods and old US military bases. For $35 it was well worth it and after the three hour tour I was well educated on the history of Panama.

There's a new BBQ restaurant in front of the hotel. They have great BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo