DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City
$206
  • Pool
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
$143
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$109
$230
Bookit.com
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$54
$144
$169
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
$166
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$97
$91
  • Breakfast included
$182
$170
  • Beachfront
1,523 results
All reviewsdouble treewelcome cookieel carmenrooftop poolmetro stationnice hotelupon checkcentral locationvia espanacalle uruguaybuffet breakfastbusiness centercinta costerarestaurant stafffitness centerpanamaiglesia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel reopened in early November after a major renovation. The staff were absolutely fabulous and went out of their way to answer any questions and help in any way. We would definitely stay at the hotel again on our next visit. Because it wasn't in among all of the concrete highrises, and was in an area with beautiful trees, it reminded us of Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor which I believe was the highest floor where rooms were completed. We stayed on the back side of the hotel which meant it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Amilcar G, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Thanks for your comments!

We encourage everyone to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Panama City Panama, where the little things mean everything

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have been a heavy user of the Hilton family of brands on business and used points to stay at the Doubletree while on vacation in Panama with my wife.

We found the staff to be very friendly but they all left us with the impression that they were on their first day at the job. Actually, I think the hotel had reopened three weeks earlier so that is probably about right! But they way they handled every request made it seem like they had not had much training.

Pros:

The bed (tons of pillows) and bathroom (shower plus separate tub) were great. Especially nice is the modern gym on the top floor as well as the small swimming pool and jacuzzi on the roof.

Cons:

The rooms are a bit small and the air conditioner, though modern, sounds like a jet engine for a few seconds when you turn it on. The cable tv has the smallest range of channels (24) of any similar hotel I have stayed at. The breakfast (included in our rate) was so-so at best and the snacks at the afternoon happy hours consisted of Pringles and pretzels.

So even though I love earning Hilton HHonors points, I probably would stay at either Marriott Courtyard if travelling to Panama City on business. But given the sincere friendliness of the Doubletree staff, I am definitely rooting for them to improve breakfast, the happy hour and the tv selection!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maskotas
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My family of 4 stayed here three weeks after they opened. It was previously a hotel but closed years earlier, so all of the facilities are new or renovated extensively. We found the staff still learning their way a bit, but willing to go the extra mile, and their warmth made up for any "inexperience." A question about the closest movie theater led to the front desk looking up showtimes. A question about the best mall led to a blow-by-blow of what stores and where they were located. There are numerous restaurants and locally-owned stores within easy walking distance, and cabs are inexpensive for the further-afield. Our large room had a separate bedroom with flatscreen tv and a living room area with flatscreen. Tile floors. Windows, no balcony. Small refrigerator is nice. Felt very secure. Pool on the roof was fun for the kids and nice separate changing area and fitness center there as well. Great view of the city from there, too. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sophry
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on Dec. 1st 2011. This hotel is sold as a new Hotel. It is an old hotel that has been re-branded as a Doubletree. The renovations are not great.
The bed was comfortable, the shower had great pressure. The AC in the room is very noisy.
The roof top pool was so dirty that I would not get into it (including a floating band-aid)

The front desk clerks were very nice, but not experienced. The breakfast was a clumsy, not enjoyable joke. Even though it was free for us, we didn't partake the second day.
I think this hotel has a lot of work ahead to be the comfortable, high end hotel that Doubletree is known for.

2  Thank barbuhomme
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Hotel is brand new. Rooms are large, two spaces, one with a couch, small table, tv and small frig; Second space is the bedroom, also with tv and desk. The room smelled like a construction site, however decor and appliances are nice and modern. But my major issue is with the inexperienced staff. For example, I wanted to show my room to a couple of friends and security gave us a hard time.

• Stayed: November 2011