“Stumbled upon this place...”
Review of Restaurante Pencas

Restaurante Pencas
Ranked #199 of 1,118 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our menus offer a variety of foods for all the tastes: tender meats and fresh sea foods that honor our geographical position close to the sea. These menus are prepared in different ways to delight our customers with an exquisite taste along with an excellent presentation. All are served with our special Pencas Rice or other side dishes of our delicious cuisine.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stumbled upon this gem on my journey to the Cause Way. I was dying of thirst in the Panama heat and from walking miles from my parking spot and thought I would stop in for an iced tea. The place is set back from the road a few blocks from the bike and roller skate rentals. I sat down and was greeted in Spanish (they don't speak English) and basically pointed to what I wanted on the menu. I had a deliciously fresh fruit shake and the steak and onions with corn fritters and fried bread. The steak was cooked just right and the corn fritters and fried bread were perfect. Great spot for a quick and delicious breakfast. Staff was friendly and laid back. They were quick to serve, but a little slow on getting me the check which was just fine considering the beautiful view in the distance.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Food was good especially the sancocho. Service was just okay. I was hoping for more of a view but there was a lot of vegetation & growth around the restaurant. If I had it to do over, I would have gone out further on the causeway to a place with a view.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Food and service great, seafood and cevechi. Wife enjoyed her batter fried shrimp. Outdoor or indoor dining, great views.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a large restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. It is actually on the causeway on your way out to Amador. A little out of the way but not too far for a Taxi ride or if you have a rental car and know the city. We have had 2 family celebrations at this restaurant. Something for everyone. If you go at night they often have live entertainment . Medium prices, pretty good food, with lots of choices. And plenty of parking!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Food is OK but be prepared to wait for everything from initial service to waters etc. We have been there 4 times and every time, either the kitchen is backed up or, there aren't enough wait staff. If you go with little ones, make sure to bring stuff to entertain them and order their meals ASAP even before you look through the menu to order for the adults; that way, they don't starve and get grumpy!

We tend to order many beers at a time and ask that they bring them out in a bucket with ice..that way, the long wait for our meals is more palatable! In comparison to most of the other restaurants we have tried in the Amador Causeway, Pencas is just a tad better in terms of food, wait staff etc. If you are into Middle Eastern food, Beirut up the road has good food and service.