“Gppd Food...Good Service”

Sabores de La India
Ranked #231 of 1,034 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tel.: 391-9151 Payment methods: Cash Hours: Every day from 12:00 p.m. 10:30 p.m.
Austin, Texas
“Gppd Food...Good Service”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After reading all the reviews on here, my sweetheart was a bit hesitant to go. But he had been craving Indian food for the past few weeks and we had tried to find Taj Mahal restaurant to no avail...so I was able to convince him to go. He was very happy that we did.
Upon arriving to the restaurant, we were a bit confused if we were at the right place, because they are currently remodeling and the big sign in front was removed. But the owner greeted us immediately upon stepping up to the steps of the patio. We chose to sit outside as it was a beautiful night with a perfect climate.
The menu was quite extensive with a variety of items to choose from. For starters we had both the vegetarian and chicken samosas which were delicious! For the main course we had the buttered chicken which surprisingly had the moistest white chicken meat in plenty of sauce accompanied by the basmati rice and garlic naan as well as cheese naan. We liked the garlic better, full of flavor.
All together, the meal was delicious. The service was good. The owner always had a smile on his face and helpful in every way. The entertainment was fun! They had Bollywood music videos playing on 3 different screens, 2 outside, 1 inside. The service was good (especially for Panama), the waitress was readily available and brought us whatever we asked for.
We are definitely going to try their lunch buffet since it looked good on the pictures and I missed out on having their ice cream (too full from our delicious dinner).
If you are craving Indian food, vegetarian food, I highly recommend this Indian restaurant in Panama. The only downside for my sweetheart was that the food wasn't spicy....but I am sure that could have easily been remedied by us asking for spice!

• Visited August 2013

Panama City
“Yet Another Terrible Indian Restaurant In Panama”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant is terrible compared to what I'm used to in Europe so I won't be going back. Unfortunately you just can't get good Indian food in Panama, you have to either make it yourself or go without I'm afraid. I live in hope that some entrepreneurial individual setups up an real authentic Indian restaurant here one day!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BritLivingInPanama
Brooklyn, New York
“Decent Indian Food in Panama”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're craving Indian this will do it. It's not the most amazing Indian food ( which would be at Tamarind, New York) but it does the trick for my husband and I . I usually get the saag paneer and it's pretty good. Some perks - nice outdoor seating and delivery.

• Visited March 2013
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Me and my mom were looking for a good Indian restaurant during our holidays in Panama city. We found "Sabores de La India" and thought it would be a good option, huge mistake!
They had an expensive but poor buffet (only basmati rice, chicken tikka-masala, mixed vegetables and samosas). In general, food was Ok but we got a horrible indigestion a couple of hours after eating and 3 days later we were still suffering from it. Definitely, not a recommendation for anybody!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Aristo S
Massachusetts
“Fast paced with a variety”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The place was popular (almost packed). Sampled a few Indian vegetarian dishes and they were decent. Fresh juices were ok. The water had slightly weird taste though (and we were worried, although there were no issues).

Visited January 2013