The focus of our trip to Panama was 3 weeks of Spanish immersion school for the family in Boquete and Boca del Toro. My husband had to leave earlier, and I booked our final night before flying out of Panama City with my teenage boys at the Monkey Lodge. Our three weeks had been very full of action, study, decisions, people and events. We were met at the airport by the charming Max, and as we were ushered through the gate into the enchanting, peaceful grounds of the Monkey Lodge, I knew immediately we had found a fabulous last stop before leaving this great country. Less than 5 minutes after being shown to our gorgeous casita - and making the only decision we would have to make "Will you be joining us for lunch?" - the boys were in the pool and I was on a lounge nursing the after affects of a robust round of goodbyes the night before. There was only one other casita occupied that night, so it was as if we had out own private little paradise.
I cannot comment on the tours because we were SO happy to be going nowhere and doing nothing in such a wonderful place! The boys found the monkeys highly entertaining...and Papaya at least found my son also entertaining when he gave his first private monkey concert for her on his guitar. At the end of each song she would scrape her chair back and forth to make noise...a jungle version of applause we decided! By the second meal...on the wonderful patio, the food delicious and beautifully presented...my 17 year old son proclaimed "I am going to marry a French woman...for the cooking!" Max and his parents are delightful hosts, there when you need them, but unobtrusive enough to make you feel relaxed using their shared space. I could not have designed a more perfect last experience to refuel away from the hubbub before we said good bye to Panama. I would recommend this to anyone, including women traveling alone who might want a little retreat from city life.
The ONLY hitch in our perfect stopover was that Max was a little optimistic in his assessment of traffic on Sunday morning enroute to the airport and we had some nervous moments considering Plan B should we miss our international flight. Once he realized we were in trouble, Max chose an alternative route and drove with a determination that had us hanging on tight, but arriving just in time! I am sure he has since made adjustments to his estimates, but I think it is well to remember there is NO time without possible traffic issues in Panama City! Leave more time than you think you need!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monkey Lodge is an authentic paradise, located at 20 minutes from Panama City Center, and 10 minutes from the Panama Chanel and neighbor to Soberania National Park.Monkey Lodge is a Bed & Breakfast with four cabins with all the amenities and comfort (refrigerators with drinks, safety box, privet bathroom and air condition on three of them). Furthermore, one of our cabins is located inside the monkey habitat, therefore all monkey lovers will be in close contact with these friendly and funny animals.While in Monkey Lodge, if you want it, you could be as close to monkey life as your will ever dream to spend unforgettable moments, knowing each monkey's personality, and their lifestyle.We also have a magnificent rainforest tropical garden, with an unmatched vegetation full of a enormous variety of flowers and birds, all located nearby our beautiful pool where you can rest and refresh all surround of these amazing place.In order to wake up your senses, we serve a delicious food in front of the garden and poolMonkey Lodge is not only a Bed & Breakfast, we are a travel agency and truism operator, therefore we are completely qualified to arrange, guide and make you holiday and tour as an exclusively experience, and warranty you an unforgettable vacation . We offer different travel offers so you can choose the one or ones that match your requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Monkey Lodge Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monkey Lodge Panama Hotel Panama City
- Monkey Lodge Panama Panama City