We were recently staying in the area of this hotel and had engaged a driver to show us around. As I had read reviews of this hotel I asked him if he would take us there so we could get an impression for a future trip.
As another reviewer mentioned this property is at the top of a VERY steep hill which you must navigate after crossing a VERY narrow bridge. There is NOTHING in the area of this property so if you want to shop make sure you have some means of transport to get away from the hotel. On the positive side it is very close to the Panama-Colon expressway which would allow you to reach Colon in about 20 min.
When we reached the top of the hill we were greeted by a locked fence door with a bell. We rang the bell and finally a person, who seemed VERY annoyed that we had bothered her, came to the door and continually told us that only guests were allowed in and to be a guest YOUR MUST make a reservation on the internet !!
My driver and my wife who both speak Spanish TRIED to explain to this woman that we were simply there to check the place out as a reference for a future visit to Panama but she was having NO part of our explanation and again and again explained that unless we had made a reservation ON THE INTERNET we would not be allowed in.
Again, this situation WAS NOT one of miscommunication because my driver was a local Panamanian tour guide.
So bottom line, this is NOT a review of this property because we were literally driven away by this woman. It may be a the wonderful place to stay as many reviewers have said but I will never consider the place and my TOUR GUIDE has vowed to never recommend the place to any of his clients.
Maybe this review will help the management review their policy of NO ACCESS unless you made an internet reservation. This of course is a silly policy. The nearby hotel we were staying at was selected on the basis of a tour we took during our trip in 2004 so being able to view a property, at least in my case, got the hotel my business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monkey Lodge is an authentic paradise, located at 20 minutes from Panama City Center, and 10 minutes from the Panama Chanel and neighbor to Soberania National Park.Monkey Lodge is a Bed & Breakfast with four cabins with all the amenities and comfort (refrigerators with drinks, safety box, privet bathroom and air condition on three of them). Furthermore, one of our cabins is located inside the monkey habitat, therefore all monkey lovers will be in close contact with these friendly and funny animals.While in Monkey Lodge, if you want it, you could be as close to monkey life as your will ever dream to spend unforgettable moments, knowing each monkey's personality, and their lifestyle.We also have a magnificent rainforest tropical garden, with an unmatched vegetation full of a enormous variety of flowers and birds, all located nearby our beautiful pool where you can rest and refresh all surround of these amazing place.In order to wake up your senses, we serve a delicious food in front of the garden and poolMonkey Lodge is not only a Bed & Breakfast, we are a travel agency and truism operator, therefore we are completely qualified to arrange, guide and make you holiday and tour as an exclusively experience, and warranty you an unforgettable vacation . We offer different travel offers so you can choose the one or ones that match your requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Monkey Lodge Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monkey Lodge Panama Hotel Panama City
- Monkey Lodge Panama Panama City