“Ordinary”
Review of Maito

Maito
Ranked #33 of 1,118 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After eating here, I really do not understand all the buzz regarding this place.
Location is ok, the setup and decor are ok, the service was also ok.
The most important thing, the food, was "normal", not bad but far from excellent.
For starter we had the "Cochinita Pibil" and the Hash Fried Ceviche, both just ok but completely forgettable.
Main course was Lamb, which we asked to be pink, was almost well done, very greasy and with lots of flay or "internal" skin. Maybe one of the worst lambs I have ever tried.
The dessert, Panamisu, the chef interpretation of Tiramisu, was very good.
Should I have had a little lower expectations I would have enjoyed the experience.
This restaurant for me is a closed chapter, do not plan to come back.

3  Thank Lino P

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurants is a local favorite. Nice ambiance, good innovative food, good service and wine list.
Have been dozens of times and the food is always consistenly good.

1  Thank manzanillo32
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a great personal lunch here and all 4 especially the two foodies all enjoyed it...

Try the spearmint or chai/black tea which are super refreshing cold drinks on a hot tropics day

1  Thank KPS92-5
Reviewed August 20, 2013

the dishes were good, but not great. we were a party of 8, service was slow and plates came cold. i guess I expected more since I was told it was the best rated restaurant in the city at this time. I will give it a second chance since I did note creativity in the dishes, they might have had an off day.

3  Thank nicatraveler69
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We decided on Maito for a girls night out. We arrived by taxi and was wowed by the walk up to the restaurant. It seemed very buzzy and was completely full. I don't know why but I was a bit disappointed by the interior - I guess I was expecting more elegance given the stunning entrance. However, the food made up for this completely. It was exquisite and I thoroughly enjoyed the fish. Very imaginative flavours that worked. The only critcism I overheard on our table was that the portions were small however it was quite adequate for me. We did have an enormous problem trying to understand the menu. Maybe best to look first on the website and try and translate before you go so you know what to order!.

1  Thank Candelabrum