“Buena comida, excelene ambiente”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Buzio's

Buzio's
Ranked #611 of 978 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Italian
Description: I posted a comment on it March 14, 2009: 11. Re: Best restaurant in Panama City Mar 14, 2009, 10:57 AM I have been to Panama City four times in the last four years and had wondered where I could get a great - or even a good - dinner. I have eaten in a great many of the restaurants named in the other replies to this question. I am convinced, without a doubt, that the best and most pleasant restaurant there is Buzio's in Casco Viejo. I just found it on my last trip, and once I did, I ate there every night I was in Panama City! After a while, the waiters were laughing and cheering as we showed up yet again. Part of its appeal is its setting. Its outdoor dining room looks out on the Bay and the Bridge of the Americas. The plants and umbrellas keep it cool even when Panama City itself is scorching. Part is the excellent and friendly service. But mostly it is the wonderful food and combinations of flavors. I am allergic to seafood, so I could not try the snapper and shrimp dishes, and usually my allergy dooms me to miss the many of the best dishes at a restaurant. At Buzio's,the steaks were excellent and offered with varied sauces. The most unusual and distinctive dishes I tried were the chicken entrees. One had a terrific mango and coconut milk sauce; another, a piquant tamarind sauce. The salads were great, too. My favorite had sundried tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, balsamic vinaigrette, roasted peppers and goat cheese. Next time I am in Panama City I want to ask for a meal plan so I can continue to eat there every night.