“Spotless apartment w/amazing views”
other traveler has booked this property
view View at night
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
view
View at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
IBeEveryw...
Denver, Colorado
“Spotless apartment w/amazing views”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

This apartment is in excellent location, perhaps the best location in Panama City. It is central to everything and a block from the best night life location, Calle Uruguay. Easy access to restaurants, clubs, & grocery shopping. The apartment is clean and has newer appliances & furniture. The view is spectacular!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view was amazing - especially from the roof
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Florida, USA
Reviewed June 12, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Rugged travelers
kaitclark
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place, convenient location, ideal experience!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

This condominium in Posada del Rey exceeded our expectations, even after having read all of the other fantastic reviews.

We contacted Sarah, the owner, along with the owners of a bunch of other rentals we were considering. She was the first to respond, and communication with her was great throughout our decision process. We'd never been to Panama City before, so we had a lot of questions about the area while we were trying to decide on the best location in the city, and Sarah was extremely helpful. We eventually decided on this property, not only because it fit our needs perfectly, but also because Sarah was such a pleasure to work with.

Payment was quick and easy and completed via PayPal. We forwarded our flight itinerary to Sarah, and she arranged for our transportation from the airport. Typically, her friend Jose handles airport pick-ups, but he's been struggling with some back issues, so Wellington met us at the airport instead. He brought us back to the property, where Jose was waiting to fill us in on all the info we'd need for our stay. Jose was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable; he got us up to speed on the keys/cards to enter the building and condo, and he also oriented us in terms of where we were in the city and suggested some great restaurants. Sarah had left out a bottle of wine to welcome us.

The place itself is beautiful. It was more spacious than we'd expected, and the view is incredible. Sliding glass doors lead to a balcony that overlooks the water and skyline of the city from the 17th floor of the building. There's a comfy living and dining area, a full kitchen, bedroom with a king-size bed, walk-in closet, and televisions in both the living room and bedroom. The condominium building is also nice; the elevators work quickly, and the pool is available at all hours. (Signs in the building state that the pool is only open from 7am to 10pm, but they don't ever actually lock it up, and we enjoyed hanging out in the pool area after we'd come home late at night.)

We stayed in Panama City for 10 days, and we traveled all over the place -- we explored all of the city's neighborhoods, took ferries to nearby islands for day trips, and ventured out to other areas in Panama including Gamboa and Coronado. The condo's location, Paitilla, right on Avenida Balboa, served as an excellent central location for us. Paitilla is a great area, and Posada del Rey is located across the street from the Multicentro Mall, which has a convenience store, coffee places, and lots of shopping. The condo is within walking distance of restaurants and casinos in Paitilla and Punta Pacifica, the next neighborhood over. Calle Uruguay (which has a bunch of restaurants and bars) and nearby areas with more casinos and nightlife are only a $2-3 cab ride away. The historic neighborhood Casco Viejo is a $5 cab ride from Paitilla, and the modern Amador Causeway is a $10 cab ride.

While cabs are extremely convenient for all purposes within the city, we needed to rent a car for two days for our trips to Gamboa and Coronado. Sarah, the owner, lives in Coronado, a beach town about an hour outside of Panama City. Coronado had beautiful black-sand beaches, and we were able to meet up with Sarah while we were there. Sarah was excited to hear about the great time we'd been having in Panama and clearly loves what she does. She also owns vacation rentals in Mexico and Canada, and we highly recommend working with her! More specifically, this condo in Paitilla is ideal for its location, convenience, amenities, and spectacular view.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Customer service, location, amenities, view
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Dallas Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Aris C
Denver, Colorado
“A great Stay in Panama Spectacular View”
Reviewed January 2, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Surprising and spectacular view!!! Bien preciosa!!!! Initially when entering the apartment the only thing that I could look at was the view. There is a great view of all the high rises as well as the bay and all the traffic coming into the area. It is in a good area, not far from Casco Viejo -the old city, right next door tot he mall and has great access to the highways. The apartment was well-equipped; linens, washer/dryer, iron and board, full kitchen (including corkscrew because you will want to relax with some wine in the evening an enjoy the view), dishes, fridge etc. It also included a cell phone!!! which was a great idea for making local calls to schedule tours etc. The doormen were great, remembered us and let us in if we were taking too long opening the door...lol The apartment was quiet and the air conditioning worked well. Jose met us at the airport and we followed him there fro an extra fee, but was very convenient and was helpful in making suggestions on where to go. Also there was internet, a computer and printer. The internet quality was surprisingly great. We had a great time and a great stay overall. We were very pleased.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the location
Traveling group: With Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
George120...
Shanghai
“Nice one-bedroom apartment with a great view, and centrally located in Panama City.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Very good location for shopping, restaurants and near casinos. It's clean, updated and has a great balcony view. The only problem I had was the bed is very soft, which does not go well with my back.

Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
Tourists
wemima
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“other than view don't stay here”
Reviewed June 20, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

Sara is a very nice person to deal with..Jose was where he said he would be. Great for airport pick up but thats all.As a guide I guess he is too busy or he makes you feel that way.The view of the harbor was beautiful.For the condo you get what the ad says but no more.The condo was dirty(I had to wet a towel and mop the floor and it came up black).The A/C made a loud noise when you turned on,Yes they fixed it after I called(should have been fixed before we came)Dinette seats were stained. 2 days later.you could write your name in the dust on the tables.Sugar ants are everywhere. You could not put anything down in the kitchen at all.There is not enough elect plugs so wires run across the floor to a plug across the room.The elect outlets don't even have the covers around them.I could go on and on but you should get my drift.We almost went to a hotel after one night but we knew we wouldn't get our money back.Oh I left out the traffic noise at 3:30 pm it sounds like the car horns are coming right through the condo.It is a shame for a little money and time this would be a real nice condo.If you are from the U.S.our standerds are higher i guess.If you rent a condo make them send you pics.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Rugged travelers
Management Response
Jun 19, 2011
Hola Mike, thank you for taking the time to write.

This property has had nothing but rave reviews and it saddens me to read this review. I was not in Panama at the time, but had you sent me an email, we would have resolved the cleaning issues asap. I had no idea that there were any problems beside the a/c noise that I gathered had been attended to by Jose and the technician once brought to his attention. This was the only email I received from you (a/c noise), then saw an email back from Jose that he was on top of it.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our services with regards to the booking process and personalization , which we pride ourselves on. Also glad to hear Jose was punctual which he always is, if not early. I also appreciate any and all feedback as I continually try to improve the apartments and operation which is why I accepted this review to be published. We are not perfect but do our best. I honestly had no idea about the cleaning issues or ants until today. Sometimes ants are a problem in Panama, but we often fumigate and can easily resolve.. and if it were not able to be resolved ,I would have happily moved you one floor lower to an equally nice apartment while we fumigated. Also, the assumption of not receviing a credit back is just not so. In fact, I wish to offer you a free 2 night stay on your next weekly visit. None of this was ever brought to my attention and assuming that this would not be resolved with me personally, as the owner is also saddening to me. My reputation is everything and guest service #1, I would have handled all of this asap had I known.

The white tiles do have a tendency to blacken.. but having not received a negative review for over a year (since I changed cleaning ladies).. I will certainly address this issue asap. Also, first I heard about electrical outlets, that we will plate and I’ll look into adding more if it’s less than functional.

Jose has received nothing but fantastic feedback from all of my guests.. I am not exaggerating.. definitely ALL of my guests. Perhaps he had an off day or a personal issue that made him rushed. He tries to accommodate everyone, and maybe there was a tight schedule issue..and I will talk to him about this. If he was double booked in some way, I need to let him know that he can say that he “cannot” and I have 2 other drivers that could have accommodated.. I think he tries to be superman sometimes and just really wants to look after everyone. He is a good person with a huge heart and has an incredible work ethic. Perhaps he just needs to learn to say no, I'm sorry but I'm booked, and find another option if he is rushed. Easily done.

I will look into replacing the dining room chairs. With regards to dust, often when there is construction nearby it can get dusty. I do not include daily maid service with my apartments but I ensure to leave all cleaning materials in the apartment. Often guests will request daily, or every other day service, this mitigates dust. There is an extra small charge for this service, but I don’t’ automatically include in the rate to keep my rates low and competitive.

If you have other feedback on how to improve the condo, please feel free to email me directly. I will visit the condo as soon as I return to Panama and look at everything in close detail. We just want nice, cozy, well maintained apartments, happy guests and we want you to come back, as many guests do! I have a very high repeat and referral guest rate for a reason and I promise I do respond to feedback right away. I own and rent 6 apartments in Panama City, and this one is a regular favourite among my guests and my repeats always request it first. Because it's booked so often, wear and tear issues will arise, and need to be addressed promptly. We do this.. but we really need to have the feedback before it is so late that the guest leaves unhappy and writes a negative review. I truly believe it could have been fixed right away.. so for all guests in future.. . please offer feedback the moment there is a problem. Thank you for taking the time to let us know so we can improve everything, and please return so we can show you what 99% of our satisfied guests experience with our little family operation. Sarah
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing