“Good tour, be aware of "pickup maybe not included"”
Review of Barefoot Panama

and up
Panama City's Top Tour
Ranked #2 of 167 Tours in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: BarefootPanama is a top notch tour company offering the best in service, quality and value.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was a good tour, the food was good, the process after we arrived was smooth. the guide was great, and I'm glad I took the tour instead of just visiting the viewing station on top of the canal.

My only complaint would be that the pickup arrangements are not clear. The itinerary states "pickup included" at the top, but then in the fine print below states "pickup may not be included. (only from certain hotels)". I found that out the day before the tour and had to get a taxi costing $7 to the docks.

On the return trip I stayed on the bus and was able to get a lift back to the city, but no one on the bus really knew what was going on, the driver just dropped at a few selected hotels. That could be a little better organised, simply asking the passengers which hotel as they got on the bus.

Overall a great tour, but could be improved by organising the pickups a bit better. I would suggest listing the hotels that do have a morning pickup, and then travellers could just meet at those hotels - I could have walked to a large hotel in the morning for a pickup.

1  Thank Sam_www
panamatours, Manager at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We try to make it very clear on our web site about the transport. We changed the layout out of the page, HIGHLIGHT and BOLD so you won't miss this info.. We explain to you all about the options of transport..
We FACILITATE this tour, trying to get you booked on the dates you need.. we answer emails and speak english, 2 things you wont find from other companies.. and we use 2 companies to offer more dates for the canal transit! 1 company DOES NOT OFFER TRANSPORT and the other is REALLY REALLY bad at it! So, you can wait for 1 hour and its 95% sure they will get you or take a taxi.. pretty simple and REALLY REALLY clear on the web site.. but glad you had a good trip, even if it is not really a BAREFOOT tour..

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Not having much time to plan for my Panama trip, I phone Barefoot Panama upon my arrival in Panama City and Kevin the owner answered. Within 15 minutes my tour was booked, all using my mobile device, receiving email confirmations and excellent communication.

Kevin also gave me a great restaurant recommendation for that night .

Our guide Jeff arrived on time for our hotel pick up and we spent the day with 2 other couples enjoying an adventure on the Gatun Lake - Panama Canal -indigenous village -monkey island and a yummy lunch.

Jeff was full of great, interesting information talking about everything from fruit to politics. I wish I had more time to take more tours with Barefoot Panama, especially a new tour which is a foodie tour in the old town.

panamatours, Manager at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Great review! Thanks

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I booked the "lake bayano boat tour" just some days in advance, not really know what to expect.
But it was indeed a very well organized and adventures day! Highlight being the cave tour, taking us through dark waters in the cave, with bats over our heads, seeing scorpions and spiders before making the lagoon with great surroundings. All accompanied by the very knowledgeable guide Adam, who shared soome great insights on life in Panama and its nature.
A truly excellent day!
// David

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Great! Thanks for the review

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Last year I took the city tour with Barefoot Panama (with Kevin), and this year my visiting friend and I opted for three more: El Valle, Historic tour, and Monkey island (with Darren). If you would like to take a tour with a guide who is on the first name bases with most of the wildlife in Panama and knows every hidden corner off the beaten track - Barefoot Panama should be your choice. We fed the Capuchin monkeys in Gamboa and patted jaguars in the El Valle zoo. Darren has patience of a saint when faced with adventurously demanding people, like yours truly, who like to explore caverns, climb trees, or go rock-hopping in order to have a photo-shoot in front of a waterfall. Barefoot Panama goes above and beyond of what is offered, without imposing or managing you, but rather briefing and letting you enjoy the tour at your own pace. They pick you up and drop you off in front of your hotel/house on time. Kevin also booked our full transit Panama Canal tour and everything functioned like clockwork. Great job guys! Hope to see you soon on a new Barefoot adventure.

1  Thank Nena N

Great! Thanks for the review

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our day tour arranged by Barefoot Panama. Mauricio, our guide, was knowledgeable and friendly.

1  Thank mpatjesselee
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thanks for the review!