“This is how you should experience Panama”
Review of Barefoot Panama

and up
Panama City's Top Tour
Ranked #2 of 167 Tours in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: BarefootPanama is a top notch tour company offering the best in service, quality and value.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I decided to use our Honeyfund money to get a guided tour of El Valle. Best idea EVER!!! Darren an ex-pat living in Panama knew about things none of the guide books had even the smallest mentions of in El Valle. If we would have gone ourselves we would have spent 40% of the time trying to find the small historical sites and attractions. We even made a side stop on the way back to a local favorite Flan shop. When we got back we literally instantly emailed Kevin about booking a tour of Monkey Island and the Wounaan village. Again Darren knew his stuff. The local boat guide they used was spotting crocodiles on the beach from over 50 yards away. He had the right kinds of fruits for the monkeys and we saw our resorts tour of the monkey islands show up to see the monkeys with not treats as if they would spend more than a minute with them. The tour we took of Casco Viejo was also choc full of details and history. We can't recommend these guys any more. Its like hanging out with your own friend while he give you a tour of his home city. What could be better?

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Awesome new edition to barefoot!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had a few days in Panama City and took the full day city tour with Barefoot Panama. Kevin was super knowledgeable about Panama's history, culture, and key sites. The tour gave us everything we needed. We also got to hear first hand about living in Panama and all the crazy ways things get done (or don't get done) in the country. We saw the main sites and missed all the bus crowds. He even saved us money on cab fare (giving us much better advice on cost of fare than our hotel). I highly recommend Kevin and Barefoot Panama!!

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Yes! nice review.. be aware people.. only the taxi from the airport is regulated.. thanks for the review

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife Nadine & I took a holiday from Costa Rica to Panama to experience some of the tours available with a highly recommended tour operator, Kevin O'Brien. From the start we hit it off with Kevin. He was right on time, personable and extremely knowledgeable about Panama, it's culture and history. We also made a tour with Jeff and he also was very knowledgeable. We were very impressed. with both Kevin & Jeff. If you are planning a trip to Panama I would suggest you contact Barefoot Panama.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

That really means a lot to us, coming from the kings of tourism in Costa Rica!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My first day in Panama City I did a city tour with Kevin and his partner from Barefoot Panama. Kevin is very knowledgeable about the area's history. More importantly (for me anyways), he's really good at telling stories about being an ex-pat living in what he calls a "Monty Python skit", where laws are arbitrary and rules change with the temperament of the rule-maker. It's that kind of slice of life stuff that I enjoy hearing the most.

Also, of the excursion groups I used while in Panama City, Barefoot Panama was the only one that picked me up exactly when they said they would. Not fifteen minutes late, not within an hour window, but right on time. You can't beat that kind of punctuality. Kevin also had a knack of getting us to a place right when they opened and giving us enough time there without us feeling rushed. Should I find myself back in Panama, I'll definitely look into doing another tour with Barefoot Panama.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thanks for the review! Hope to see you back in Panama

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent the day with Kevin and his team visiting Monkey Island and the India Village. Beautiful scenery, very knowledgeable staff, saw so much in a single day and at a cost much less than other tour companies. HIGHLY recommend not only this tour, but Barefoot for all of your tour needs.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks for the review.. its a fun trip!