“Overview of Panama City”
Review of Barefoot Panama

and up
Monkey Island and Indian Village Tour from Panama City
Ranked #2 of 156 Tours in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: BarefootPanama is a top notch tour company offering the best in service, quality and value.
Minneapolis
4 attraction reviews
“Overview of Panama City”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When we talked with Barefoot Panama they stated they were the best and I took that with a grain of salt but after having spent the day with them and taking the tour of the city I must agree with them. Jeff was very friendly and knew so much about Panama City. He knew where to go when to avoid the rain. It was a great way to start off a trip to Panama. We really felt like we had an overview of the city by the time we were done. We also had lunch at a wonderful restaurant that we were able to revisit on our own free time. I would recommend this tour on your first day in Panama to help you know how you want to spend the rest of your time there. Compared to other tours it was inexpensive plus they included the best and told you about the other places as well.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
THANKS for the review.. Jeff is awesome and Barefoot IS the best! haha

Chicago, IL
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Perfect for long layover in Panama City. I really really liked my guide!!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I really did not know what to expect as I was going to only spend 24 hours in Panama City for a long connection to Chicago. I called up Barefoot Panama to have a private tour of the Panama Canal (Panama City & Canal) and whatever that we can fit in from 8-4. They also drove me to the airport at the end of the tour.

- I think the itinerary is perfect for a long layover in Panama City to see the city and the canal.
- They use a larger comfortable VAN for their tours.
- Unfortunately I forgot the guide's name now, but perfect English and very friendly.

So here is the big deal: He was full of really interesting stories which helped my appreciate the history of this great country and city. He seemed to really know his way around the city, where to park, where to eat really good ice cream, where you can get an affordable great lunch etc.

I really have had my fair share of bad uninteresting guides and I can highly recommend this company and guide (Sorry, I wish I remembered your name...)

I would definitely use this company again for other day tours around Panama City.

1 Thank ucipass
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for the review! The guide was ME
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Caribbean Adventure Tour”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a great time on the Caribbean Adventure Tour. The tour was well organised and our guide Jeff was knowledgeable and friendly. We had a busy day but at no stage did we feel rushed and the tour was done at a relaxed, comfortable pace. This is the rainy season and we were very fortunate to get a sunny day for the tour. The snorkeling location is really pretty, unspoilt, quiet and best of all the water was warm and clear. We had the reef pretty much to ourselves and could wander around and explore as we wanted. There were so many fish, it was awesome! Jeff snorkeled with us, pointed out the best locations and introduced us to some pretty large lobsters.

The visit to Portobello town was interesting but the fort is run down and dirty and can use some basic tlc. I guess it's worth seeing just for the history.

The zip lining was a lot of fun. The guys running the place took us through everything, made sure we were hooked up and safe. They have some pretty long runs, the platforms are high up above the canopy and the views great, well worth it.

Thanks for a great day Jeff, it is really very easy for me to recommend Barefoot Panama.

1 Thank Etienne B
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for the review! and the pictures.. glad you had such a good day
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently booked a tour through Barefoot Panama - it was a great experience from start to finish. Kevin is very helpful and available! The tour ran exactly as promised. Thank you!

Visited May 2013
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
great review and review title! thanks , kevin
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best guide ever”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Kevin is an awesome tour guide, who gives you the real inside scoop on Panama- both the good and the bad. He's knowledge is endless. He can also give you lots of recommendations on anything else you need while in Panama, whether its a restaurant or a place to stay.

Visited April 2013
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks!! It wasn't your first tour ever, right!