“Great tour!”

and up
Panama City's Top Tour
Ranked #12 of 175 Tours in Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: BarefootPanama is a top notch tour company offering the best in service, quality and value.
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to panama last November and we spent about 3.5 days in Panama City and we did 2 tours with Kevin. The first one was the Panama Canal and city walking tour. Great tour and intimate, as there were only 4 of us. Kevin knows the ins and outs and took us straight to the Panama Canal and we were one of the first folks on line. And good thing we got there early as it filled up rather quickly. Best thing, we got there just in time to see a huge tanker to by....got great pics. The walking tour through the old city was great as well. Kevin knows a lot of Panamanian history and good overall tips (best one was that cabbies will rip you off and you just have to just pay them the couple of dollars and get out). Second day we did the river/monkey island tour. Although the day was dreary and rainy we all made the most of it. Kevin knows his birds!!!

I would recommend this tour company to anyone who wants to know more about panama. Kevin has a wealth of knowledge.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thanks.. I am working on being abole to control the weather too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)
All reviews
"day tour"
in 63 reviews
"food tour"
in 13 reviews
"walking tour of casco viejo"
in 14 reviews
in 35 reviews
"old town"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the only tour we booked for our one week trip and the experience was amazing. I am going to echo the only reviews that Kevin O'Brien really was the main attraction. His knowledge of the country and his deep respect for the culture of Panama and the Embera Village people were infectious. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and we were lucky enough to see a baby crocodile and monkeys on the tour. Thanks Kevin for making our trip enjoying and educational!

1  Thank aimes31
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much.. we all work very hard at Barefoot

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was a great trip, with a very casual and flexible approach from the tour leader. Got access to some amazing places through their great local knowledge. Certainly worth the money. Very professional and on time.

panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Yes! On time.. tiempo americao, thanks

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is our first time in Panama & of course we all wanted to see the Panama Canal. We decided the best way to do so would be a partial transit. We had another couple visit us & they came during the week of Carnival. I emailed Kevin with questions about coming into town during that week. We were staying an hour and a half away. He promptly called me & gave me the best day to come. He also emailed me very specific directions for driving there. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the canal & gave very good information thru out the trip. They gave us fruit & coffee cake after we boarded the ship & served a very nice hot lunch. There were plenty of cold drinks available the whole trip. It was long & some people thought it was boring, but we found it very interesting & loved watching the big ships entering the locks opposite us. If you want to get the feel of a trip down the Panama Canal I would reccommend this & I would definitely use Barefoot tours again.

1  Thank goldenruler
panamatours, Owner at Barefoot Panama, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

4 out of 5..
you said i did my part of this tour as best as could be done.. the boat part of tour is actually not a barefootpanama tour.. so, 4 out of 5 is sad to to for barefoot