“excellent stay”

Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf
Ranked #26 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Beautiful and welcoming designed hotel complimented with friendly helpful staff. The room view looking out over the jungle is terrific ... food was very good and the hotel has very nice pool area. We also enjoyed playing golf on the beautiful well maintained course. I again compliment the staff for providing guests with genuine feeling that they care . (Carlos was great to us).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel R, Director de Recepción at Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hello Mr. Robert
It is wonderful to hear that you had an amazing time with us at the Radisson Summit Golf. We are excited to see that you experimented a great experience with our room, restaurant and the golf course. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely,

Angel Rodriguez

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at the front desk were very welcoming - setting the tone for a fabulous stay! The accommodations were clean and spacious, the pool inviting, and the golf course in good condition. Food service was inconsistent, but not bad enough to detract for an overall fantastic experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

For golfers it is difficult to imagine anyone giving this hotel anything less than 5 stars; so many of its services are organised around this fraternity – for example not many hotels serve breakfast from 6am with the possibility of taking it along with you on your buggy.

As non-golfers, we can only give it 4 stars since it fell short on a number of fronts; no bathrobes, no slippers, poor tea and coffee making facilities and a staff who, though friendly, lacked professionalism.

The location of the hotel in the midst of the rainforest and 18-hole golf course will delight many, but it is also just a bit too far out of town for the tourist. The Gamboa Resort is in many ways superior in the facilities it provides but has simply become just too expensive, whereas the Radisson provides excellent value for money even if ultimately its restaurant disappoints.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course – you still get to see the rainforest but this view is th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Won a trip their and first time back in Panama after 49yrs. Hotel was still being built up but the rooms were excellent. Service was good but all employees need to be bi-lingual. This caused some problems but when taken to management received an extra day free. The golf course was fantastic and knowing Teddy Roosevelt played there even made it better. Took lots of pictures. I had a rental but one of the drivers was very helpful and became a friend. Would stay there again now that it is completed. Wont wait so long to go back to my homeland. The staff was very helpful and you don't need to bring golf clubs. Not many golf courses have a train go by while you are playing. I had to select a date which was not the time I went. I believe I went in 2010.

Room Tip: stay up high to see the beauty of the surrounding jungle and vegetation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Radisson Summit and were having a lovely time, when it was ruined by a 35 minute late shuttle and a failure to handle the situation properly. We had already had a bad experience with the advertising of a shuttle to and from the Miraflores Lock Visitor Center. When we asked for the shuttle we were told we had to take a cab, which we were charged 25 dollars for (one way). The following day the shuttle driver was 35 minutes late picking us up. This one instance of being late ruined the rest of the vacation. When we got back to the hotel and I asked for the manager, she was conveniently on the phone (in front of me) and there was no one else to speak to. I waited five minutes in the lobby and then walked to my room. I received a phone call from the MOD who stated that the problem was traffic. I expressed that her answer was not good enough and I hung up. When I went down to speak with her, she was gone for the day. I then found out that the drivers were in a meeting and they had forgot about us. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but I did not use it, but I was surely not happy with the customer service. I then was told by our driver that poor customer service is part of the culture. Expect it while in Panama. My driver however was great with customer service. His name is Ricardo with panamavipcab. He gave us a tour for a cab price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

On my recent trip to Panama, 5 stopped by the Radisson Summit Hotel for lunch, after a day trip to visit Gamboa. I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities and layout of the hotel lobby, reception and staff. Now about the dining experience at the La Jacana Restaurant. The menu offered a large selection of local and international dishes. I chose the Sea Bass which was served with a superb sauce, fresh asparagus nicely done, not overcooked, green plantain prepared similar to a potato latke (really good) and name (Caribbean yam) in a light tomato sauce. We asked to see the cook, who turned out to be a gracious young man, and congratulated him on the meal. Our server was also very attentive and it was an overall very enjoyable dining experience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BBCINKT
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The way we were received at the reception was friendly and efficient and included a welcome drink. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the view magnificant.
The breakfast buffet was compleet and delicious.
We wakled around on the grounds and saw all kinds of birds and butterrflies and we able to rake some beautiful pictures.
Overall the staff is friendly, the public areas nicely decorated with comfortable seating and the swimming pool area great. We will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 9 in Colon
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro
#21 of 115 in Panama City

Been to Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf? Share your experiences!