Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Central Park Hotel(Panama City)
View Hotel
AZ Hotel & Suites(Panama City)
1,021 results
All reviewsnature trailbutterfly housepanama canalrainforest viewmiraflores lockssoberania national parkgamboa rainforest resortpools were nicebird watchingpipeline roadhotel groundspool areashuttle bussmall balconybreakfast and dinnerfloor roomrooms were very clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had room 515 which faced the rainforest and the golf course.  It was quiet, clean and had Koehler fixtures in the bathroom.  There was a large spa-type shower and excellent and abundant lighting.  I enjoyed the infinity pool and the good buffets in the dining room. There was good wi-fi and air-conditioning.

They have two pools -one an infinity pool overlooking the rain forest and the other a wading pool. There are lots of comfortable places to sit nearby.

Housekeeping was a teeny bit sloppy.  The corners of the room and the bathroom need more than just sweeping. It was not that bad, but noticeable because of the steller condition of the rest of the room.  The maid left the balcony door slightly ajar and I didn’t notice it until after dark as there were flying insects in my room. So check that the sliding glass door to the balcony is closed all the way.

This is a lovely destination hotel and I enjoyed the quiet.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view of the rainforest, though my room also had a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Adrienne C, Manager at Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the balcony door left ajar, and the housekeeping issues with out team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback as it will help us fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Pretty surroundings on the continental divide with the rainforests all around. It was a good location for us since we were going on a 6:30am tour of Lake Gatun to see wildlife and to do some fishing. Our tour guide Juan was very good and knowledeable about the area. We did see a lot of wild life and also caugh 6 fish!
The hotel staff was also very nice, very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
On behalf our our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great location, clean and comfortable rooms, huge shower, pretty view, good breakfast, helpful staff...highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrienne C, Manager at Radisson Summit Hotel And Golf, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to your return.

Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is a reflection of Radisson style and values, and I would stay here again. Other reviewers correctly point out that this is not in Panama City, so if you are looking to walk around from your room after dinner, stay downtown! Rooms were spacious and clean, bathroom was beautiful (I am thinking of a remodel of my on home after seeing this one), staff was courteous, helpful, and someone nearby always spoke English. The restaurant was very nice and diners complimented the food. Hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride from the Miraflores Visitors Center (without traffic), and the front desk can arrange a lift. They use their own van when available, but do charge for the ride at about the same rate as a taxi. Trip to the international airport can take over an hour during the AM rush hour. Trip to the domestic airport and astonishingly large Albrook mall is about 20 minutes and $20-25. Another reviewer wrote that a trip to downtown was $45-50 - this seems very high to me. I think $30 is about right, but as always, agree to a fare before you get in the taxi. The fast WiFi service is free. Not sure if it would be so fast during high season when the place is (presumably) packed with golfers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LarryBoston
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Summit Hotel & Golf Panama, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable comments. Feedback like this always help us improve our service.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am trying to book this hotel for Dec 25-31. The Radisson web site lists a special rate that is discounted 30% for every second night. The regular rate includes a buffet breakfast. However the rate information for the special rate does not list the buffet breakfast. Since the charge for two persons for the buffet breakfast is likely to be more than the difference ($25) between the regular rate and the special rate I do not understand the claim that the special rate is a discount. It is like getting a discount for buying a car that is ordinarily sold with tires and finding that with the discount there are no tires!

Since the manager of the hotel reads TripAdvisor I am hoping that he will agree that the rate information for the discounted rate is in error, and change the rate description so that the discounted rate includes breakfast. Otherwise I will regard the so-called 'discount' to be a 'bait and switch' tactic.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Marcoithaca,
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your valuable comments. Unfortunately, the rate that you are inquiring about is a discounted rate and as such, the breakfast buffet is not included. For your information, our breakfast buffet is not $25.00, it is much less, and you also have the option to choose from our regular breakfast menu should you desire.

Our intent is and will always be to provide you with a wonderful experience while staying with us, and the discount rate that we are offering for this time of the year is very reasonable.

VP