“No ceviche neither Pisco sour!”
Review of La Mar - CLOSED

La Mar
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
“No ceviche neither Pisco sour!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just arrived from La Mar Panama and there weren't ceviche and Pisco sour available!!! How does it be possible in a Peru's restaurant ! They just told us when we had took seats. If you want to try something in particular asks before !

• Visited August 2013

Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great ceviche and better grilled squid”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The service in the restaurant is great. At the beginning the "papas rellenas" were cold inside so we ordered to redo those.. but the other dished we ordered were amazing. We started with a sample of ceviches, all great, then some tiraditos, amazing. But the best was the grilled seafood, especially the squid!! Yummy!!!

The pisco sour is very good too!

• Visited July 2013
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Writing this review hurts....”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I begin by saying I adore peruvian food and all things Peru. I have been to Gaston's restaurants in Peru and I love his cuisine. I have also been to La Mar on several occasions and have loved it every time. Last year I even switched around a couple flights I had so I could step out of the airport and go there for lunch. That is how much I love Gaston's food. We arrived on Friday, ran a couple of errands and went straight to La Mar. I ordered a Pisco Sour, a tuna nikei dish and some pasta with seafood as a main dish.

As soon as the pisco sour arrived I thought 'this is strange, tastes a bit, I dont know, odd, strange, like something wasn't right, it just didn't taste great' When the tuna nikei dish came, I found it had a strange taste that just wouldn't leave my mouth, it was alright at best, nothing special, no where near spectacular as Gaston has me used to.

The pasta dish finally came and it had a very very strong flavor that overpowered everything, the seafood, the pasta, everything. I have to say it wasn't even enjoyable. I finished it hoping it would get better at some point but it just didn't.

The two friends I was with, both of whom have been to Peru and love peruvian food and Gaston in particular, found there food to be either bland or just not good.

I dont know what happened, I even wrote a review last year around this very same time but things have definitely gone south. Gaston, please please turn restaurant around, I love your food.

• Visited May 2013
“One of the best Peruvian restaurants in Central America”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went to dinner twice during last month. The first time we were 5 persons, and the second time just my friend and myself. The food was delicious and very well presented. Although the second time, the service was a bit disorganised, but not unfriendly: they forgot about our drinks, gave us the wrong menu cards - we wanted the desserts card but got the wine list, etc. very good quality/price ratio. Convenient parking. The decoration could be a bit more cozy. Amongst guests, there were many entire families with their small children, and also large groups.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“excellent service, poor cuisine”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The wait staff at LA Mar were great, wish I could say the same about the food. My husband and I shared several orders of ceviche, all of which had a strange fishy taste to the them. I'm an avid sushi and ceviche eater and I know what fresh fish should taste like. This did not . Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

• Visited February 2013