This is a great hotel that fit the bill for our trip. It is conveniently located near everything you'd want to see - the Miraflores Locks are 15 minutes away; Casco Viejo is a 5 minute cab ride, etc.
The staff at the hotel were excellent. Mary at the front desk, Guilermo the Doorman, and Yasmine the Concierge all stood out. The pool is small, but we were the only ones that used it. This is a small hotel with only a few more than 100 rooms; everyone will know your name quickly.
There are two great restaurants that we highly recommend - Market (right next to the hotel) and La Posta. They are by the same chef and were incredible.
The trip to see the Embera Indians was also a highlight - I highly recommend this, especially if you have children.
The rooms here are nice (although the bathrooms are designed to offer little privacy); we especially liked our view of the Bay of Panama and the ships lined up to enter the canal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Bay of Panama overlooking the old and new quarters of the city, we're bounded by charming restaurants and vibrant nightlife, all within a few minutes to the financial center and corporate offices. Our design is jaw-dropping. A double high ceiling lobby features an overturned glass pyramid reflecting vibrant colors, while a black granite lobby blends with golden accents, and a prominent 46 feet high atrium featuring lively glass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Panama Hotel Panama City
- Le Meridien Panama Panama City