“Great location! Great place to stay.”
Review of Le Meridien Panama

Le Meridien Panama
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the airport. We love Starwood hotels and this one did not disappoint. It was our second stay and will be back. We enjoyed the Club room in the evening and for breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Texan
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Texan
I am happy you enjoyed your one stay with us and that the facilities and service experience was what you expected and deserve.
Please let us know when we can help you plan your next trip to Panama.
regards

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My company held a conference here. I can say that the staff was very helpful and ensured that our conference was to our expectations. The room are nice spacious and modern. The hotel is pretty new, so everything glimmers. As with many hotels the internet connection is spotty and heavy broadband connections don't really work. The hotel is not located near any 24 hour shops which is my only comment. They should consider having essential toiletries for sale. The hotel is located about 3 blocks from several restaurants, including hooters and a lovely steak house. The restaurant hotel is not anything out of this world, but its a good alternative if you don't want to go out. Some of the rooms have a see through glass in the shower, which is a really cool if you are not sharing a room but might be a tad awkward if you are sharing a room.

Room Tip: My room faced an ugly building, but there are many that face the ocean or have a partial view. Get a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlos O

Dear Carlos O
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Le Meridien Panama.
Please let us know whenever your plans bring you back to Panama City. We will be really honoured to have you again witn us.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We choose this Starwood hotel because of its ideal location in Panama City The staff here went above and beyond in making our stay wonderful Wendy especially She is truly amazing very friendly and always willing to assist with a smile She arranged our flights to Boquete and car rental We just want to say thank you for such excellent service We look forward to returning soon

Room Tip: The suite has a huge bath
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cancunvac

Dear cancunvac
It gives us great pleasure in reading excellent comments of the hotel, especially our guest relations agent Wendy.
Thank you for your time and looking forward to your return visit to Le Meridien Panamá.
If you have any comment or doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Friendly staff, great location, fantastic breakfast ! The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious, with a nice view of the ocean. The roof deck with pool was nice and the location is great for going out at night if your into clubs and bars.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dual S
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Dual S
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel.
Thanks again and looking forward to your return
Regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel is located in a very good neighborhood in Panama, with great options of restaurants, and very close to most everything worth visiting.
The Hotel is also very neat, with great service... the layout is a bit awkward though; but that doesn't hurt.
Rooms are well designed and equipped.
Have stayed here several times, and it has always been great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fcgg
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear fcgg
It gives us great pleasure in reading excellent comments of the hotel,
If you have any comment or doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Reviewed March 22, 2014

In the middle of Panamá City bay, just in Balboa Avenue, and sitting in an apartment building you can find this classy hotel. Unpretentious and simple, service is high class, views are very nice and food is very good. Don´t miss Thursdays night at the bar if you love bubbles in a glass!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GabyML1301

Dear Gaby ML 1301
Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very nice room and very friendly staff...but, pretty inconsistent stay. I should note that I just left the Westin Panama which was much, much better. The breakfast was not great. After being seated each day, the staff would offer coffee and juice. But, gefting refills was tough. On most days, I would have to get up and find a staff member to bring me coffee. On the second day of the stay, the bread toaster wasn't working so there was no toast. The restaurant and bar staff were pretty so so.

The Club Lounge was small and the one day I visited, it was completely packed. There literally was nowhere for me to sit. So, I left and didn't return.

I tried to check-in early and my room wasn't ready. As I am a Platinum member, I received an email in advance of my stay that I had been upgraded to a suite. I printed my confirmation which had been updated to reflect a suite. The front desk acknowledged the upgrade and even assigned me a room number...but, the room wasn't ready so I left my bags and went out for the day. When I returned, my original room number had changed and I was offered a regular room. I had to fight with the front desk and wait a bit more (and show the email I received in advance of my stay) to get a suite. I have no idea what happened to the original room assignment. Very unprofessional.

Once in the room, it was nice. The mattress was great...I slept well. One word of caution - while an ocean facing room is nice, it is loud because it is right on a main road.

So, overall the hotel and room were just fine. As a Platinum SPG member, I certainly wouldn't put this at the top end of my Starwood or Le Meridien stays.

Room Tip: If you are a sound sleeper, choose ocean front. If you are a light sleeper, take the other side of t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank brxbmrzfan

Dear brxbmrzfan
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments and I promise we will be working in those details to avoid that from happening in the future.
Please let us know when we can help you plan your next trip to Panama