Le Meridien Panama
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
$142
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$207
$170
$84
$112
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$55
$182
$170
  • Beachfront
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
$169
$232
$211
Priceline
1,032 results
All reviewsfront deskplatinum suitegreat hotelthe club loungespg statusavenida balboala postacasco viejoview of the watercinta costeraalfredocity hotelthe pacific oceanpool deckroom was largerestaurants and barsold city
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently purchased on Oferta for one night at Le Meredien. From check-in to check-out, the entire staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. All of the amenities included with the Oferta were given, including a superb dinner. The hotel is not large but has every feature you would expect, including a lovely outdoor swimming pool. The hotel also has transportation available in great cars at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We appreciate all your comments and the time taken to evaluate our services and property.
Thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future
Best regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was to be the end to our travels across Costa Rica and Panama so we opted for a bit more luxury before we left Central America. On entering at close to 5pm the guy on reception was very welcoming and advised that our room wasn't ready due to the hotel running at 100% occupancy but to his credit he took us to the bar and we enjoyed a couple of nice cocktails whilst the room was made up.

The room itself was lovely and clean with a big comfortable bed and an excellent shower. Being located on the side of the hotel meant the view wasn't great but it was very peaceful and quiet. The buffet breakfast was excellent and gave us a great start to the day. We had a chance to visit the spa which was a great end to a busy day. We visited the pool and open area on the roof which looked great but the weather wasn't in our favour.

Our main activity whilst in Panama City was to visit the Miraflores locks. Having traveled we had already caught a couple of taxis around the city so we knew they were good value. At reception we inquired about getting a one to the locks. The guy at reception said $30 each way. We were shocked by this because we knew the distance and it seemed grossly overpriced. I understand that hotels have their mark up and respect that its a 4 star hotel but I am not about to throw money away. We said that we know we can pick one up much cheaper and he went into a long talk about how they could drive us round in circles and mark up the price then proceeded to try to get us to take an $85 per person tour. We flat out refused and walked out of the hotel. Outside we stopped on the curb and discussed our options when a very helpful expat asked if we needed assistance. After explaining the situation she took us back into the hotel and told the same guy to get out the free guide books for us. Reluctantly he eventually produced a local publication called 'Focus Panama' that had a great map and other information in. Alongside this we got another useful map of Casco Viejo. From here we walked out of the hotel and 20 foot from the entrance we hailed a taxi and agreed a price of $10 to go to Miraflores Locks. Like all the taxis just agree the price first. Three times as much to get it from the front of the hotel! Come on.

Whilst we loved the hotel as a building we felt let down by the 'smiling assassin' on the front desk. Sure there is probably commission to be made on selling tours but think about what the customers want. It was obvious we wanted to experience things our own way and not on a tour. We should of been offered the maps and information we needed not threatened with the fear of corrupt taxi drivers, which seems unfounded to me anyway.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomT81
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We appreciate all your comments and the time taken to evaluate our services and property; this will help us in order to improve our quality standards and to provide you with excellent customer service.
We are pleased that your overall evaluation of our hotel was good and we are sure that during your next visit to our hotel you will see the changes in the areas you mentioned
If you have any comment or doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With warm regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was in Panama City on business and decided to take in a bit more of the city on the weekend. I spent Saturday night at this hotel, and wish I had stayed longer! I was on my own at that point (solo female), and the hotel staff made me feel completely safe (and made sure I was safe and in good hands on my solo excursions). Thank you to the staff - this was priceless. They gave me peace of mind and allowed me to enjoy my stay even more!

The gentleman who checked me in was courteous and efficient, and made me feel at home instantly. They upgraded me to one of the suites, which was wonderful! There was a separate living room – complete with what looked like designer chairs, couch, coffee table and tv. The bedroom (king bed) had its own tv, and the bed was super-comfortable. The bathroom was huge - separate shower stall and bathtub (I did indulge), two sinks and marble everywhere. Just fantastic! I can’t remember what toiletries they use, but I liked it.

The hotel is in a good location. It’s close to the financial companies. There are a whole bunch of restaurants just behind the hotel. The “city route” hop-on/hop-off bus stop is about 15-20 minutes away (walking). You have to cross the road to get to the path by the water. Make sure you cross at a traffic light.

There is a pool behind the hotel, but seemed like it never got any sun. I’m not a pool person, or a sun-bather, so this part didn’t bother me at all.

When in Panama City, make sure you go to the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo, the mountain (forgot the name, but great views of the city), and old Panama.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for all your compliments and hope to have you back in a near future

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed not too long ago at the Le Meridien. The hotel is nice and contemporary however it does lack a few things. The pool on the 6th floor has the most amazing views of the city, however the days we were there it was so windy that we could not enjoy it. The gym is a nice feature with great views of the Marina. There is no beach nearby to enjoy so, if you are wanting to stay somewhere in Panama City, you should book elsewhere. There isn't much activity going on at the hotel, so it is hard trying to find something to do.

The hotel food was not as great. Breakfast was better then the rest of the room service meals. The hotel pillows have very little volume. I was stacking all four pillows and still found my head almost reaching the mattress. Also, the rooms facing the Marina get a lot of traffic noise for outside. Every night we could hear something go on from the busy street below and people playing music in the park. If you are a light sleeper like us, I wouldn't suggest this hotel. In the morning, you can hear all the buses and boats honking their horns, which could get a bit annoying when you are trying to rest.

I heard from others at the hotel that the spa is a great feature. I did not get a chance to experience this.

In general, service in Panama, just about anywhere we went seemed to take forever to bring us food or seek to our help. The best part of the hotel was that the young gentlemen at the front were very kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room facing the marina/ocean, there are too much street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MattandAriana
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The concierge service was not helpful what-so-ever and because of their lack of helping, I wasn't able to take a 1/2 day Canal tour with my family. They concierge pushed for a "car service" (sounded like a friend of his) to drive us around instead of using the canal tour companies that exist there.
Hotel was good and new, lobby music is way too loud.
Also, the dark marble and mirrored walls made it hard to see and one of my family members walked into a wall because of the poor design. It's not a disco, it's a hotel lobby.
Rooms were great, housekeeping was great.

Room Tip: Good Rooms facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bobsell4
Boris D, Manager at Le Meridien Panama, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We apologize for not having met your expectations and appreciate your comments