I was in Panama City on business and decided to take in a bit more of the city on the weekend. I spent Saturday night at this hotel, and wish I had stayed longer! I was on my own at that point (solo female), and the hotel staff made me feel completely safe (and made sure I was safe and in good hands on my solo excursions). Thank you to the staff - this was priceless. They gave me peace of mind and allowed me to enjoy my stay even more!
The gentleman who checked me in was courteous and efficient, and made me feel at home instantly. They upgraded me to one of the suites, which was wonderful! There was a separate living room – complete with what looked like designer chairs, couch, coffee table and tv. The bedroom (king bed) had its own tv, and the bed was super-comfortable. The bathroom was huge - separate shower stall and bathtub (I did indulge), two sinks and marble everywhere. Just fantastic! I can’t remember what toiletries they use, but I liked it.
The hotel is in a good location. It’s close to the financial companies. There are a whole bunch of restaurants just behind the hotel. The “city route” hop-on/hop-off bus stop is about 15-20 minutes away (walking). You have to cross the road to get to the path by the water. Make sure you cross at a traffic light.
There is a pool behind the hotel, but seemed like it never got any sun. I’m not a pool person, or a sun-bather, so this part didn’t bother me at all.
When in Panama City, make sure you go to the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo, the mountain (forgot the name, but great views of the city), and old Panama.
Highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Bay of Panama overlooking the old and new quarters of the city, we're bounded by charming restaurants and vibrant nightlife, all within a few minutes to the financial center and corporate offices. Our design is jaw-dropping. A double high ceiling lobby features an overturned glass pyramid reflecting vibrant colors, while a black granite lobby blends with golden accents, and a prominent 46 feet high atrium featuring lively glass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Panama Hotel Panama City
- Le Meridien Panama Panama City