My mom is from Colon and I have family in Panama. I have stayed in several hotels in Panama and this is for sure one of the best for cleanliness and location. What I liked best about the hotel is its location. Best part is you can walk to several restaurants on Calle Uruguay. I recommend "Don Blas" restaurant where you can get an authentic and very inexpensive breakfast. It's an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel. Not far away you can also walk to "Tinajas" (about 15-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk) restaurant where you can get local Panamanian Cuisine and enjoy the Ballet Folklorico. Valet parking is free. And the big plus is that the hotel is right on Avenida Balboa allowing you to drive onto Calle Uruguay and then drop your car with the valet -- easy in and easy out; and then you can drive to any other point in Panama. Some of the other streets a little bit closer into the center of the city are extremely congested and you wouldn't want to get in that mess on a weekday... So for that reason I would not recommended any of the other hotels. I did walk over to the Marriott, the Hilton Garden Inn, the El Panama (which is desperate need of a renovation -- the marquis isn't even turned on), and I would choose Meridien over these. As for the hotel itself the pool is located on the 6th floor outside and its very noisey being right on the corner of Avenida Balboa -- so if you want a quiet relaxing poolside vacation, this is not the place to be. I must say, however, that the rooms themselves are well sound guarded so you really cannot hear much of the traffic from Avenida Balboa. And at the same time, if you stay on the Avenida Balboa side, you'll get one of the best views of the Panama Skyline looking toward Paitilla and Punto Pacifico. Staff is very very friendly and personable. If you choose to have a drink in the bar or the restaurant, I think you'll like it, although there aren't many people there. I recommend, instead, just walking down the street to one of the many bars and excellent restaurants. The only reason I did not give it a "5" is that it's a relatively small hotel with not a lot of add'l amenities... so you wouldn't expect to spend a lot of time here outside of your room or at the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the Bay of Panama overlooking the old and new quarters of the city, we're bounded by charming restaurants and vibrant nightlife, all within a few minutes to the financial center and corporate offices. Our design is jaw-dropping. A double high ceiling lobby features an overturned glass pyramid reflecting vibrant colors, while a black granite lobby blends with golden accents, and a prominent 46 feet high atrium featuring lively glass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Panama Hotel Panama City
- Le Meridien Panama Panama City